Just Signed UP!

Options
I had a friend tell me about this site, so far I love it. I just started today because I am getting married in 2 months and 7 days, I am a plus size bride and want to loose just a little so I can make sure the dress fits perfectly. But I don't plan on quitting after the wedding ill want to loose more. My goal is to loose 40 pounds right now but i seriously need to loose about 140 pounds for health reasons. I am the worlds worst procrastinator and have a hard time fighting the requests of my stomach. I like to eat who doesn't. But that has to stop im borderline diabetic and it runs in my family, I want to have kids one day and being unhealthy and overweight puts a strain on that dream. The diabetes has caused PCOS for those women who might know what that means I have a small chance of ever having kids. If i loose this weight both of those problems can be eliminated that's what my doc told me. I need all the support and all the help I can get to keep me on track.

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    Options
    Welcome!
  • SandraMtaylor
    Options
    Welcome! If uyou like you can add me as a friend!
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the first step, i just joined as well.
    There's lots of support here :)
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    welcome. i also have PCOS. there is a lot of benefit to living a healthy lifestyle including possibly alleviating some of the symptoms of PCOS. you can do it! add me if you would like a friend!
  • mariewithers
    Options
    Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage, and good luck on the first step of your journey.
    I have pcos and I am type 2 diabetic. You are doing the right thing trying to lose the weight. I had to lose each time I wanted a baby, as soon as I got down to 180lb I got pregnant! I had 5 pregnancies with 3 live births. So it can be done. Good luck xx
  • aimeercole
    Options
    Welcome! I am new as well and so far I love it. I have actually fought my post lunch candy bar so that I could have something to brag about on this site :) Good luck. Friend me if you want. I would love to cheer you on!
  • BlackWidow08
    BlackWidow08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    congratulations on your wedding, and welcome!.

i, too, have PCOS; and i have lost 18 pounds since joining this site. i made sure to log in as soon as something went in my mouth. i noticed that my sugar intake was still relatively high on "my diary", so i decided to do something about it. i watched "fat, sick and nearly dead" and decided to try the juice. I only do the green juice as 1 meal replacement, and have cut out breads, pasta, refined sugars...pretty much anything processed. Since then my sugar intake is way below my max as indicated on "my diary" on my mobile. there are no sugar spikes, which can be so detrimental to PCOS women whom are insulin resistant.

with that said, i do have my cheat day--saturday. i can eat whatever i want, but i make sure to continue to log in and stay within my caloric limits.

also, exercise is super important. i started with the elliptical since it doesn't do harm to the knees when someone is over weight, but whatever you can do to get your body moving is a big plus!
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    Welcome, congratulations on being engaged and getting married soon!

I don't have diabetes or PCOS but I can sort of imagine how greatly that would impact your life.

But congrats on making the first step towards losing weight and becoming healthier. This site is wonderful and everyone on this site is sooo helpful and considerate and is willing to be there for you. I am adding you and hope many others add you as well!

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY!!
  • JoeB71
    JoeB71 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP & best of luck on your journey to better health.
  • amyblue97
    amyblue97 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!