Goal weight by Christmas?

Options
Stats: 30 y old female, 5 '8, starting weigh 250, current weight 172, goal weight 159 (odd number but its a bmi healthy range thing)
Okay so I have 13 pounds to go and have been eating around 1400 calories a day to loose 1 pound a week. With 14 weeks until christmas that should put me at goal! The only problem is I'm having more and more days where my strength falters. Question is, do you think that eating a little under the 1400 most days and then eating at maintenance for my goal weight say 2 days a week would be beneficial for my resolve, and also get me in the habit of eating at that caloric intake? Thoughts, opinions , experiences welcomed!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    As you have become lighter (well done!) your body can't lose fat as fast anymore. 1 pound per week isn't realistic at this point. Being tired is your body's way of telling you that you need to feed it, and you will weaken, not strengthen your resolve if you reduce intake further. Eating too little isn't something we can get used to, it's something we can do for a while, until we just can't.

Edit: 1 pound per week would be possible for a little bit longer. But 1400 calories is too little - 1400+500=1900; you use up more than 1900 calories per day, so you need to up your calories a bit, and you may benefit from looking over the quality of your diet - are you getting in sufficient protein and fat? Enough carbs to fuel your workouts? Vegetables, fruit? Variety? Do you like what you eat?
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    ONLY 14 WEEKS 'TIL CHRISTMAS??? I didn't need to know that. And I agree with kommodevaren.
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Makes perfect sense, ive worked so hard to get this far, no sense in rushing it and messing myself up. Will go ahead and think about Going to half a pound a week! Thank you!
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    3+ plus months to Take i off. Lots of temptation and excuses along the way. Holidays, parties, football. I'm just saying no to anything but my own food I make. Friday they brought a box of crispy creme donuts into the office. I told myself no. MFP lets me know how budget busting to my caloric goal that would be haha. Besides I don't want to walk an hour to burn it off.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Start weight 167 current weight 162 goal weight 150 and I plan on being there by Christmas :)