Options
2»

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    meadowey wrote: »
    Smoothies! --- different colors, textures, and blends. I sometimes add a little orange juice to add some citrusy goodness as a base and I often add dried mulberries for texture.

One of my favorite recipes is some orange juice, a little bit of 0% yogurt, a little icy water, frozen strawberries, a banana, a handful of salted peanuts to add some savoury flavor to it, a tablespoon of dried mulberries, and a teaspoon of flax seeds. I often switch between the banana and fresh figs depending on the season.

Also, not a breakfast person, so this is usually lunch. But it becomes breakfast on weekends. :smile:

Holy moly, how many calories in that? It sounds like 1/2 my weight loss calories daily allotment!

Berries aren't as calorie dense as you'd think, as a lot of their volume is water. Estimating a bit it comes out to 460 calories, assuming 4oz OJ, 2oz of the yogurt, 1oz strawberries, a medium banana, 1/4 cup salted peanuts, 1 Tbsp dried mulberries and 1 tsp flaxseed.
  • bellarosebunny
    bellarosebunny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @Francl27 I can't not eat due to blood sugar and various medicine.

Keep the ideas coming y'all!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Toast variations- the options are basically endless and the ingredients can be used for other meals-

cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomato
    avocado, tuna, celery
    hummus, turkey and olives
    avocado, salami, artichoke hearts
    goat cheese, veggie burger, spinach
    black beans, chorizo, green peppers
    veggie cream cheese, sautéed mushrooms
    peanut butter, banana and honey
    apple butter, cinnamon and apples
    cream cheese, fresh berries, almonds
    cottage cheese, peanuts, mango
  • SLCasey78
    SLCasey78 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I make a variety of breakfast sandwiches/wraps on whole grain english muffins or tortillas in a big batch and freeze them (last up to a month). Then in the morning I can just grab whichever I'm in the mood for and throw it in the microwave for 3 minutes and I'm ready to go.
  • sosteach
    sosteach Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash with sauce and pepperoni. Eat lunch and dinner foods. Personally I love eggs every day.
  • missmeganmro
    missmeganmro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like scrambled eggs with salsa on top and a side of avocado, sometimes whole wheat toast with that. I buy dried beans, soak and cook them myself, so another breakfast option for me is cottage cheese with beans, diced tomato on top, another side of avocado, and sometimes toast
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Cut a grapefruit in half, pre-cut the sections, spread butter on top, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar and broil for 10 minutes. The sugar crisps up hard like a creme brûlée and the sour fruit makes you feel satisfied.