Looking for friends!

Options
Aiming to lose a stone!

Replies

• Snorkelseeker
    Snorkelseeker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am aiming to lose a stone by Christmas. I am going to cut out sugar (apart from the odd piece of fruit) starting tomorrow, as sugar is my downfall! I cannot leave cake, biscuits or chocolate alone! What is your plan? Are you starting tomorrow too?
  • nobbey
    nobbey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 2 stone by Christmas, which although sounds a tall order at the end of the day is just 1 kilo a week, and when I followed this formula back in 2011 i managed to lose 8 stone, but unfortunately gave up smoking and watching my weight and put 6 stone back on, but here goes for 6 stone off by Christmas (2018)
  • katherineleggett
    katherineleggett Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am aiming to lose a stone by Christmas. I am going to cut out sugar (apart from the odd piece of fruit) starting tomorrow, as sugar is my downfall! I cannot leave cake, biscuits or chocolate alone! What is your plan? Are you starting tomorrow too?
    Yes. Starting tomorrow :) breads my downfall
  • LifeinReboot2018
    LifeinReboot2018 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey There! I had to do some calculations but in the past 3 years I have lost 21 stone! I See that you want to loose about 14 pounds if my math is right. It's very hard to get started and stay on track. The best advice I can offer is give up the guilt and don't announce your plans to one and all. The guilt comes in when you have a cookie or biscuit and consider it an epic fail. When that craving hits have a cookie or cracker. Sit quietly and eat it slowly. I found rather quickly that if I had that one piece and enjoyed it slowly I wouldn't eat a box later out of desperation. The people who know you will pile on enough guilt so don't add to it. The second thing is don't st dates in stone! It is far easier to put it on than to take it off. Start slow and build from there. When you remove something you love from your diet replace it with a healthy delicious item. I find now that grapes or bananas are my snack go to. I wish you luck and if you would like to join as my friend I will be thrilled to have you.