If every day were like today..

Options
You'd weight X amount in 5 weeks. When you complete your diary and it gives this number, how accurate is it?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    0 times for me in three years..
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It's a gimmick. If it's motivating for you that's great, but don't bet the bank on it or get depressed if it doesn't say what you want.
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Archcurl wrote: »
    Tbh I don't care if its accurate or not. It keeps me motivated so for me it helps.

Me too!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It's not...it's an overly simplistic algorithm that assumes for that that every day will be exactly like today...very doubtful...it also assumes that weight loss would be a linear process based on simple math...it's not.

It's just a really oversimplified projection using very simple math...like if you were making a budget and you based your projected grocery bill to be $200 per week because last weeks was...when in reality, it might be less than that one week or more than that another or you have a birthday party that's going to cost significantly extra, etc...
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It's just there for motivation not to give a precise forecast.

But even if it was "precise" (for a given value of precise) this would completely irrelevant and if only because no two days are exactly the same, don't even try this for the next 5 weeks ...
  • phaliamfp
    phaliamfp Posts: 31 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So just for fun I kept track of the number I got every day for a week or so. Some days I was as many as 3 pounds higher and as many as 2 pounds less. Both my actual weight and the estimated weight varied wildly for the time I actually kept track.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's been giving me the same number for the last 5 days so if I keep up the same CICO for the next 4 weeks we shall see. I'm not banking on it though.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't "complete" my diary either.

Someone (someone who's not me) should do an Excel sheet on this and post it up for us at the end. So many variables.
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't "complete" my diary either.

Someone (someone who's not me) should do an Excel sheet on this and post it up for us at the end. So many variables.

Yeah, someone should do that. Someone should be our lab rat. *rubs hands together*
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    phaliamfp wrote: »
    So just for fun I kept track of the number I got every day for a week or so. Some days I was as many as 3 pounds higher and as many as 2 pounds less. Both my actual weight and the estimated weight varied wildly for the time I actually kept track.

I've been keeping track too since September 1st so I'll see 5 weeks from then! :) my numbers are pretty steady maybe 2-3 pound daily differences so far 2 weeks in but I just wanted to know if anyone had ever noticed if it matched up for them. I'll testify my results but me and excel are not friends haha
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've gotten to where I can predict what the prediction will say. I've never bothered to check five weeks later since no two days are the same but it's a handy little motivator. It may not be accurate but it at least tells me that *today* I did really well or I munched it or I didn't munch it as bad as I thought I did.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    It started to annoy me enough that I stopped "completing" my diary.

Ditto.