Will major weight loss change the shape of your ears/will it affect the placement of ear piercings?

Options
Will significant weight loss affect the shape of your ears or change how your ear piercings lie on your ears? I've lost 30 pounds out of 100 (to possibly 115 depending on how I look at 100 pounds lost). I have 6 ear piercings now and I was planning on getting 4 more this week so that by the time I'm done losing weight all my piercings will be healed. I'm not sure how weight loss might affect the ears though. I know parts like my legs, stomach, and upper arms will look significantly different (not perfect since I'm losing a large amount of weight, but smaller). But I expect areas like my wrists, hands, feet, and possibly ears shouldn't change much. Will this much weight loss make my ears look any different or change where my ear piercings lie on my ears? Like as my face shrinks will my ears change shape at all or move to fit it? Should I expect my ears to change? And should I get my 4 new piercings now or weight until I've lost the weight? Can someone with ear piercings who has lost a significant amount of weight let me know if it affected your ears/the look or placement of your piercings? Like did your ears move to fit your thinner face and did this make any of your piercings look different?

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this category or not. If it is in the wrong category, I apologize and feel free to move it to the appropriate category. I thought this would be the best category because I am asking if my ear shape will change due to a significant weight loss.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I......haven't noticed any change in my ears. I mean, they're largely just skin and cartilage.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Not for me either...shoes and watch band that was a surprise.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't think ears contain a lot of fat, so I expect the change would be minimal?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt think loss would change them, But i also didnt think i had fat to lose on my feet until i lost 2 shoe sizes and now only fit children sizes :/
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    68 lbs in and no ear change. I have noticed my eyelids appear droopier- maybe loss of subcutaneous fat from my forehead?? Shoes -- yep!!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I never had fat ears to begin with so idk?
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    There's a before and after face edition post in success forum, have a look, should be a few that show at least one ear in each shot
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I doubt you'll see any change in your ears. You can get them now or use it as a reward for hitting a certain weight.

Your hands and feet will change. I lost about 22 lbs over the past few years, but also went down 6 pant sizes. And my hands are very different. My college ring that use to fit perfectly now flys off if I'm not careful. Have to get it resized.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    becky3695 wrote: »
    68 lbs in and no ear change. I have noticed my eyelids appear droopier- maybe loss of subcutaneous fat from my forehead?? Shoes -- yep!!!

Ha, I have the opposite, it's like I've had a brow lift, you can actually see some of the makeup on my eyelids now without me losing my eyes!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I did not notice the shape or position of my ears changing with weight gain or loss.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Ears are made up mostly of cartilage so there shouldn't be a shape change. However, peoples faces get "skinnier" and how it looks around your face can look different.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I have 7 ear piercings (4 lobe, 1 conch, 2 helix), which I got while I was in various stages of overweight/obese. I'm now in a normal weight range. I did not notice any changes in my piercings. I think my ears may be the only place on my body that didn't change at least slightly with weight loss.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I can't believe there are 14 responses to "fat ears"!
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »

I think its a fully legitimate question. Alot of places hold fat you dont realize, As i said my feet looked like bones and yet i lost 2 sizes in them
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

I think its a fully legitimate question. Alot of places hold fat you dont realize, As i said my feet looked like bones and yet i lost 2 sizes in them

That tends to be due to less weight on them reducing the amount of spread. There might be some fat, but it's more a matter of function.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

That tends to be due to less weight on them reducing the amount of spread. There might be some fat, but it's more a matter of function.

Interesting thought. MY feet got smaller length wise not width so sadly i only fit childrens shoes now, So much for strappy heels LOL best i can do is booties with like 4-5 pairs of socks xD Must find my size somewhere online im just scared of online shopping :p never seem to get what you hoped

Anyway yeah even if your ears did change the piercing would change with it. Itd be a very minimal and gradual change and wouldnt really effect much. I was more worried about my eyebrow/lip rings. And belly ring especially. Ended up having to take them out for work but ears never occured to me, I just dont equate fat loss to ears i guess.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 lbs down and I'm down a notch on my fitbit and my strappy shoes fit better, but my ears look the same!
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Almost 30 lbs down and I'm down a notch on my fitbit and my strappy shoes fit better, but my ears look the same!

In all fairness would you really notice if your ears looked different though lol. Not many of us spend much time staring at our ears in detail