This chapter of my life is called;

Options
I like to see my life in chapters. Periods at a time, years at a time, I've wrote my story. Unfortunately, I've been stuck for a while now. For years, moths after moths, looking for motivation and to finally lose the weight so I can "move on" do "greater things" etc etc. I always tell myself "on Monday" "beginning of next month" and it always turn out to be never.
Someday ain't a day but I keep using it. Like everyone, I have a busy schedule. Working, being a mom, a wife, being a good friend etc. First thing you know, I'm exhausted and skip the training, order a pizza and can't sleep because I overthink!!
Today, I decided I had enough of these bad decisions that are causing me pain. Not only do I want to be healthy, I want to lose weight, I want to feel confident and comfortable in my own skin too.
I'm looking for friends to do that with me, motivating each other's, helping and supporting each other in this new lifestyle. So feel free to add me so we can start writing this new chapter of our life!

Replies

• Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    ImagineNYC wrote: »
    I like to see my life in chapters. Periods at a time, years at a time, I've wrote my story. Unfortunately, I've been stuck for a while now. For years, moths after moths, looking for motivation and to finally lose the weight so I can "move on" do "greater things" etc etc. I always tell myself "on Monday" "beginning of next month" and it always turn out to be never.
    Someday ain't a day but I keep using it. Like everyone, I have a busy schedule. Working, being a mom, a wife, being a good friend etc. First thing you know, I'm exhausted and skip the training, order a pizza and can't sleep because I overthink!!
    Today, I decided I had enough of these bad decisions that are causing me pain. Not only do I want to be healthy, I want to lose weight, I want to feel confident and comfortable in my own skin too.
    I'm looking for friends to do that with me, motivating each other's, helping and supporting each other in this new lifestyle. So feel free to add me so we can start writing this new chapter of our life!

@ImagineNYC I am guessing that you live in NYC. I am just north of you in Westchester County on the Hudson. I am glad you decided to take care of yourself now. I have been on the app over a year and a half now. I have many wonderful, supportive friends here. I will send you a friend request. Join my community
  • RainbowDash36
    RainbowDash36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You sound so much like me! Please add me RainbowDash36
  • Coconut_Tim
    Coconut_Tim Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • attitude90
    attitude90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do it add me if you wish
  • theabsentmindednurse
    theabsentmindednurse Posts: 405 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Beautifully articulated and a message most of us on MFP can certainly relate to.
    There comes a point when you say ENOUGH! ITS TIME!

This is a lifetime commitment. Making a lot of small changes over a long period of time will be less daunting and more manageable.

You are part of a community of like minded wonderful people, who like you want to feel healthy and good about themselves again.

Just start this journey with baby steps. Try not to think too far ahead. Log all your calories, eat in a caloric deficit and start listening to your body.
    You will learn so much about yourself as you start becoming healthy.

Congratulations on taking the first step to a healthier more confident you!
  • ImagineNYC
    ImagineNYC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who took the time to read this. I am happy I can count on some nice, supportive and motivated people here.
    Chapter 1: The lifestyle
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, feel free to add me :)
  • Ellie_ICANDOTHIS
    Options
    Really nicely articulated. I'm in a similar position. Trying to make wiser choices after allowing things to slide for far too long. Feel free to add me
  • ImagineNYC
    Options
    Friend request sent to both of you FitFam :smiley:
  • no6016
    no6016 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

You can add me, I am definitely that chapter kind of girl. Oh the people I have been...Jillita
  • ImagineNYC
    Options
    I've been here for couple of days now. So I'm still looking for people that are here to change physically, motivates me, helping each other reach our common goals.
    So if you are here for the same reason, feel free to add me. We'll help and motivate each other!!
  • sirdude666
    sirdude666 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Best wishes to you!
  • ImagineNYC
    Options
    sirdude666 wrote: »
    Best wishes to you!

Thank you!! :smiley:
  • ImagineNYC
    Options
    If any of you reading this and doing IF and Keto, please feel free to add me. I'm an IF addict and looking to go Keto as well.
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you here! Feel free to add me
  • AlexYachiru
    AlexYachiru Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • ImagineNYC
    Options
    If any of you reading this and doing IF and Keto, please feel free to add me. I'm an IF addict and looking to go Keto as well.

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcome to MFP!! You can do this!! All the best!! Feel free to add me.