How many calories do you burn when??

Options
So just washed my car, and I was wondering how many calories I most likely burned. I gave it a good wash so it took me like 20/25 mins. Its brutally hot outside as well, so it made it ever harder. Does anyone have an idea of how many calories that is? Ps how do I log it? Would it be considered vigorus cleaning? Any help would be appreciated :)

Replies

• statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    I have no idea, but i would also like to ask "how many calories do you burn when ..." picking high bush blueberries?? I am a farmer and I usually pick berries 2 to 5 hours a day in the summer. I have been logging the activity as "standing, fishing riverbank" and "mild stretching". Is there another site or tool with which I could figure it out?
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    I have no idea, but i would also like to ask "how many calories do you burn when ..." picking high bush blueberries?? I am a farmer and I usually pick berries 2 to 5 hours a day in the summer. I have been logging the activity as "standing, fishing riverbank" and "mild stretching". Is there another site or tool with which I could figure it out?

There is something under the exercise database related to stretching ( its stretching, hatha yoga), maybe that is most relateable? Hope that may be able to help you a little :).
  • JeanWalker109
    Options
    The best suggestion I have is to go through the exercise database & choose an activity that may resemble what you've done. Kudos to you for gettin' out in the heat and stayin' active. Way to go!!!

*smiles*

Jean
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    The best suggestion I have is to go through the exercise database & choose an activity that may resemble what you've done. Kudos to you for gettin' out in the heat and stayin' active. Way to go!!!

*smiles*

Jean

That.

And heat actually doesn't mean you burn more calories. It feels harder because your body is trying harder to keep your temperature at homeostasis levels, but unfortunately you don't burn any more because of it; you just increase your heat resistance. :)
  • statia152
    statia152 Posts: 558
    Options
    Hey Prettyinpink ~ I found a site that has more activities to calculate that car washing. It is based on individual weigh, so it would be different for everyone. http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php
  • mattellis2
    mattellis2 Posts: 152
    Options
    a HRM and some of the online calculators would give you a better idea, too.
  • Curtism1234
    Curtism1234 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it at all. I think you're doing yourself a disservice by doing so unless there is some sort of illness/injury that prevents you from doing too much.

If you wash the car and log it, you're more apt to cut your real program shorter because you've earned it. In reality, there's no reason why you couldn't go another 10-15-20 minutes. You'll burn more calories