When you have to cook for 7 other ppl who r NOT DIETINGGG! Ugh!

Options
Kashinam28
Kashinam28 Posts: 10 Member
When i have a house full and nobody is dieting but meeee..
Laaaaaawd give me the strength in my legs to throw their food on their plate and runnnn!!! :D

Replies

• CaloricCountess
    CaloricCountess Posts: 202 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    How about consuming what they're but just less of it? Getting rid of excess weight's solely, concerning how many calories you consume; not where the calories originate via!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Cooking for 7 sounds like quite a workout!
  • Kashinam28
    Options
    Thank you guys ! Oh 1 thing for sure I'm focused! So while i cooked and fixed everyone's plate, Watching their food honestly made me want my lil home made salad even more . loll & Whats crazy is i bought the food ( ribs ) for me but obviously for the right reasons i decided to share them all lolll
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why not prepare a selection of dishes and get people to serve themselves.

Eg. A plate of baked chicken pieces
    A big leafy salad or lower carb vegies
    A rice or pasta dish, or starchy vegies, or bread etc

.... You pick the items that fit your goals, everyone gets to eat what they like, but you're all eating the same food.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I kind of love cooking and baking for people who aren't dieting because then whatever I make, I can have one little piece, enjoy it, and not have leftovers hanging around taunting and tempting me for a week afterward.
  • allanmobile313
    allanmobile313 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello @Kashinam28 . Take it as a challenge. Healthy food can be delicious. So, find or create recipes that fit your diet but is tasty enough to suite them. That way you hold on to your goals, AND it gets you to proactively find entrees that are appetizing enough to keep you motivated to keep eating healthy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Kashinam28 wrote: »
    When i have a house full and nobody is dieting but meeee..
    Laaaaaawd give me the strength in my legs to throw their food on their plate and runnnn!!! :D

I keep the food in the kitchen and people serve themselves unless they can't walk and carry a plate to the table.
    I gather you made food you don't usually have?
    Just have reasonable portions and don't worry about matching other people.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Oh if I'm cooking, they're dieting tonight!
  • Kashinam28
    Options
    Thank you for the replies... I take care of my 2 grandparents ( Blessed to have them ) My uncle who has cancer , my 2 children and 2 others... So yes some of are not mobile at this time ...but even thou they cant walk ... I will get cussed out by granny if i try to sneak lettuce on her plate lolls. She definitely has a mouth and a fist to match!!
    I'll definitely manage , I wont loose focus.. besides its just food! loll Good Night All ..Have A Blessed Night....