After Dinner Snacking

Options
After dinner, I get so hungry before bed time. What is good to eat that won't be so bad for your diet? :)

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Anything that fits your remaining calories. Some people find a snack with little protein keeps them satisfied through the night. Others like a bowl of cereal. I personally vary what I eat depending on what I am in the mood for and how many calories I have left. I usually like something sweet - nice dark chocolate, maybe some ice cream or some fruit.
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I find fresh peaches make a perfect snack. They are low in calories and fairly large, so they fill me up enough to get through to the next meal or when it's time for bed.
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I chew some gum
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Night time snacking is my favorite part of the day. One of the main reasons I skip breakfast is so I can keep eating till bedtime. As long as you have the calories eat whatever it is they you want.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,014 Member
    Options
    I usually save about 200 calories for a snack after dinner. It doesn't matter what makes up those 200 calories. As long as your snack fits your calorie goal then it is fine.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I've gotten into the habit of having 100-150 calories worth of jelly beans before bed. It's odd because I was never big on sweets before I started losing weight, but now I find just a little sugar before bed makes a nice treat. Popcorn used to be my go-to, but I have a hard time keeping to a single portion so I go back and forth on having it in the house.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I eat a fun size snickers and a fun size Twix! Nice little chocolate treats. And I can get about 3 small bites out of each one, really savirong my bite. Then I look forward to my coffee 8 hours later!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Save some calories out of your amount for the day so you can snack on 200 or 300 calories- OR drink lots of hot liquids(zero calories- like herbal teas decaf coffee with sweetners ,etc.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits, sits. I'll have anything from yogurt and honey to turkey links and cheese. I've even had omelets in the past.
  • bellaesprita000
    bellaesprita000 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I do mixed nuts, fiber one bars, wheat thins and hummus, or some fruit if i'm low on free calories
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I mostly try to watch my cholesterol, fats and sodium. Thanks everyone for the good ideas. :)
  • kell0606
    kell0606 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've starting brewing a cup of hot tea before bed, and I buy flavored honey sticks to go with - one of those along with my hot tea satisfies my sweet tooth. Hope you find something that works for you!!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I eat a fun size snickers and a fun size Twix! Nice little chocolate treats. And I can get about 3 small bites out of each one, really savirong my bite. Then I look forward to my coffee 8 hours later!

I do something similar with a snack size hershey bar! It has four little sections to it so it feels like I'm getting four of something. One of them is about 65 calories so I can usually make them fit into my day.
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    I bought snack size candy bars for my husband and I with intentions of eating just one, but it got out of control and we started eating 2. We do keep them in the freezer. Out of sight. We are doing better. :)
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Two isn't bad. I think most save about 200 calories for a snack. That would be 2-3 fun size bars :smiley:
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I try not to late night eat, if I feel hungry at night I would normally brush my teeth because I'm hungry because I'm bored not because I'm actually hungry! Butttt if I do snack, I eat a kind bar. I don't know if you ever had them but they are healthy and delicious!
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    SoleTrainer60 that's a good idea to keep them in the freezer! I feel like if they're frozen it will take a little longer to eat. More time to enjoy!
  • SoleTrainer60
    Options
    Rickiimarieee, my youngest daughter has had the kind bars. She says they are very good. I had forgotten about them. Thank You I will put them on my grocery list. :)