A serious wake up call

Options
I had been neglecting to log my food, and have gained quite a bit of weight (30lbs from march) and been in denial. No more! Today I was sitting on a beach chair and it broke. Very embarrassing bit perhaps that was the wake up call unneeded.

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    You know what you got to do! Maybe re-read the stickies to remind yourself. Draw up a meal plan if you need to, maybe for the next 2 weeks so its all set out and all you have to do it buy the food and cook it.

Good luck!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Time to get back on track, you know the drill.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What's great is that you already know what to do. I have had my first uncontrolled regain in years in the last 2 months because I went through an "IDGAF" phase due to some high stress situations. Back to it. It happens and it's not the end of the world. Best of luck to you!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have routinely eaten too much since March. Logging may help you not eat too much. If it doesn't - "neglecting" logging can be a sign it's not useful for you - and you can't find ways to adjust your attitude towards logging (make it fun) - I'd suggest finding another strategy to avoid eating too much. What drives you to eat too much? Which of those factors can you change?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Jumping on the scale at least twice a week is key for me, too.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh myself weekly. If I know how much I weigh it is hard to be in denial.

This!

I'm not sure how you can be in denial about 30 lbs just by clothing, but the scale would certainly make you face it.

Most of my regular clothes still don't fit so I've been wearing my maternity clothes which are pretty loose so not as noticeable
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    This is why I weigh myself weekly. If I know how much I weigh it is hard to be in denial.

This!

I'm not sure how you can be in denial about 30 lbs just by clothing, but the scale would certainly make you face it.

Most of my regular clothes still don't fit so I've been wearing my maternity clothes which are pretty loose so not as noticeable

OIC I misinterpreted the OP to mean you were had got to maintenance and then had gained 30 lbs back. 30 lbs would be pretty noticeable if you were at goal, I think.
  • elphie754
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

This!

That's pretty dangerous. Comfy but dangerous. I would say ditch the maternity clothes, but that might be a rather expensive endeavor since you don't yet fit back into your regular wardrobe.

Side note: I hope the little one's doing well :smile:

She is doing great. Can't believe it has already been 6 months. Unfortunately I don't really have extra funds to buy different sized clothing right now so making due with what I have.

This!

OIC I misinterpreted the OP to mean you were had got to maintenance and then had gained 30 lbs back. 30 lbs would be pretty noticeable if you were at goal, I think.

Not even close. I was 70lbs away from goal when I got pregnant. Gained 60 with pregnancy (the last 30 in 3 weeks due to preeclampsia-all water since I was barely eating). Lost the 60 quickly but gained 30 back already.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm glad baby is doing well. I wondered where you've been. Back at it. You know what to do! Nice to see you around. :smile:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

This!

That's pretty dangerous. Comfy but dangerous. I would say ditch the maternity clothes, but that might be a rather expensive endeavor since you don't yet fit back into your regular wardrobe.

She is doing great. Can't believe it has already been 6 months. Unfortunately I don't really have extra funds to buy different sized clothing right now so making due with what I have.

This!

Not even close. I was 70lbs away from goal when I got pregnant. Gained 60 with pregnancy (the last 30 in 3 weeks due to preeclampsia-all water since I was barely eating). Lost the 60 quickly but gained 30 back already.

Yikes!

I hope you're fully healthy now and fit to be in a calorie deficit.

Are you breastfeeding? (That would take care of the calorie deficit already.)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options

This!

This!

Glad to hear she's well! I was wondering (and hoping) that the little one is growing like she's supposed to :smile:

Would buying a cheap belt to wear with your clothes maybe help? Something that gives you a bit more of an idea of how your body is changing/not changing? It should be a minimal investment (thrift store/Goodwill?) but provides you with fixed increments that give a visual and physical clue that your current clothes can't provide you with.

But first and foremost, good for you that you noticed the creep and are actively looking to stop it before you gain back everything and then some. Find a routine that works for you and your circumstances and then be consistant with it. :smiley:
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,972 Member
    Options
    I had been neglecting to log my food, and have gained quite a bit of weight (30lbs from march) and been in denial. No more! Today I was sitting on a beach chair and it broke. Very embarrassing bit perhaps that was the wake up call unneeded.

When I moved in w my OH last Nov, I continued to log, but stopped weighing daily. Had a 15 pound creep before I got a grip.

Glad you posted - have been wondering how you and the little one were doing.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

This!

This!

Yikes!

I hope you're fully healthy now and fit to be in a calorie deficit.

Are you breastfeeding? (That would take care of the calorie deficit already.)

No, I was unable to breastfeed because of all the complications and medications I was on.

As to my absence-I went back to work. It's been a bit crazy around here with work/sleep schedules between the 3 adults. Thankfully the baby sleeps through the night (usually between 830ish and 630am), but two of us works nights so we have to rotate who gets to sleep during the day.
  • mlsh1969
    mlsh1969 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Get back on track and keep it up
  • elphie754
    Options
    mlsh1969 wrote: »
    Get back on track and keep it up

Have already started back on track.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a healthy baby! And omg I would have lost my mind working nights with a newborn you are a tough lady.
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Jumping on the scale at least twice a week is key for me, too.

I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you have some spare ones lying around ;)