2»

Replies

• in_faith
    in_faith Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Oh.. for variety what I do is..

Walking options:

* Walk one of 3 tracks at my gym (2 are outdoor and 1 is indoor)

* Walk nature trails

* Walk at home to Jessica Smith Walk On DVD set (bought on Amazon... LOVE it!)

Listen to:

*Music (upbeat playlist, slow relaxing playlist)

*Audiobooks (audible.com app)

*Podcasts

Recover with:

* Epsom salt baths
    * Manduka massage roller (amazon)
    * Lacrosse massage ball (amazon)
    * Hoka recovery slides

FitBit:

* Join different challenges to hold myself accountable to getting steps in

* Set a daily step goal in the program and meet it
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Some of us lose weight without walking. I'm talking about you @Sweets_Ross , but since most of us losing weight do walk, yes.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Had a lovely 5km walk today, usually I'd run that distance but decided to enjoy the views this afternoon. Still manage to burn 370 Calories, it just took me over twice as long and was great for my mental health.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Me! As long as its not cold, raining, or snowing I'm out there getting my lunch walks in. (Foul weather messes with my arthritis and sidelines me on those days.)
  • HighlandPony17
    HighlandPony17 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I joined thee gym so walk to and from the gym and on the tread mill but must get walking again I was doing so well.
  • threec
    threec Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do! ( I have two reasons to run- I'm chasing it or it's chasing me....) I spend at least 90 minutes walking at 3.0+ mph on my treadmill or a 'brisk' pace outside
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was out recovering from a hernia surgery and walking felt sooooo good! It helped me keep sane until I could run again!
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I walk a ton while playing pokemon go, and run about 3 times a week. I plan on using our small home gym in the winter plus walking if it's not TOO cold out.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I walk about 8km a day, monday to friday (taking my daughter to school and back) and I often add in an extra daily walk listening to audible. It has kept me looking trim and toned as the 80lb + has dropped off with calorie counting and I feel great.