Newbie looking for support

Options
Lexceexo
Lexceexo Posts: 1 Member
edited September 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. My name is Lexy, and I'm new using this app. I recently gave birth to my third child and gained a lot of weight. My baby was born big, and I was told by the doctors that because he was born so big I'm pre diabetic. In order not to develop diabetes I need to lose weight and cut out sugar and carbs. I was so sad to hear this because of course I wanna eat whatever I want. But I decided I want to live a healthy life, I gave birth in July and immediately started eating healthy. I've lost weight so far and of course I have my days when I want to indulge. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that's going to through, limiting what I can or cannot eat. But I know I have to do this to be healthy for myself and my kids.
Has anyone been diagnosed as a pre diabetic or diabetic?

Replies

• pepsi77mfp
    pepsi77mfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me im new starting today
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm lucky I haven't had that kind of health scare, but I still have to limit my food intake, just to be healthy and not regain weight. I've chosen to reframe it. What I want to eat, now, is as much as I need of everything I like.

Make sure you got the correct instructions. Your doctor can't possibly mean that you have to "cut out sugar and carbs". Sugar is a subset of carbs, and there is sugar/carbs in many nutritious foods. To lose weight, all you have to do, is consistently eat less. Exercise is good for your health, too.