Current Injury: need suggestions for exercise

Options
Does anyone have any ideas of how I can maintain exercising with bad back pain?

Replies

• atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Try google with "exercises with back pain", or something similar. Also consult your doctor
  • Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Swimming would be good!
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Depends on what the cause of it is... you should definitely have the Dr. check it out. S/He can give you a list of good [non-strenuous] exercises to help strengthen your back. I know for me, walking was generally the one thing that not only didn't cause pain, but actually made my back feel a bit better.
  • Bunnzye
    Bunnzye Posts: 39
    Options
    WHEN I HAD BAD BACK PAIN I EXERCISED IN A CHAIR. I LIFTED SMALL CANS OF TOMATO PASTE TO THE MUSIC. AFTER I CHAIR DANCED MY UPPER BODY, I SLOWLY DID SITTING LEG BENDS, ANKLE SWIRLS, WHATEVER, TO THE EXTENT THAT I KNEW I WAS BURNING CALORIES CAUSE I WAS SWEATING, BUT I DID NOT HURT MYSELF. EVEN THOUGH I CAN WORK OUT NOW, I STILL ENGAGE IN CHAIR DANCING, WITH ONE POUND WEIGHTS. DONT FORGET THE MUSIC!!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I ecomend yoga. But do it with an instructor so they can help you protect your back. I also agree w/ everyone else you shuodl talk to your doctor first. espically isf this is a cronic problem.
  • lisajessica9
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions. I hurt it by doing zumba too vigorously and think it is a temporary strain. I will try walking and maybe swimming in a couple of days. I love the idea of chair dancing! :laugh:
  • baschmidt2
    Options
    hehehe feel better!