Any older dieters out there?

Options
I'm 67 and 15kg overweight. Started to diet again today. This is the fourth time I have gained weight. This must be the end of my bingeing and dieting.

Replies

• ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'll be 60 in February, and I have a long way to go yet. Welcome to your new life!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'll be 68 on 9/23.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Hello, Welcome to MFP!! All the best!!
  • pamjt56
    pamjt56 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 62. Welcome to MFP. I have been working at this since Jan of this year and have lost 21 pounds so far, very happy about that. My blood sugar was normal (with meds) for the first time on my last visit so I didn't have to get any new or any updated medications. It is so nice. Good luck to you
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will be 60 end of this year. I found success on this site a few years ago, then fell off wagon and now am back. I also am diabetic. I log daily and have an open diary for all to see. I post all I eat, good or bad (for my own accountability. I try to support my friends and off and on will type or post quotes to encourage my friends. Feel free to add me too. (any of you can add me)
  • bcsaludares
    bcsaludares Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 62 and like most of us here, it's been years of yo-yo weight. Dealt with cancer over the last year but so far cancer free. I know to help me remain that way, I have to lead a healthier life style, so I just joined a gym and this sight. Any and all, please add me to your support system--we can all do this together!
  • gsnelsen
    gsnelsen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 62 and need more room on my lap for my grandchildren, less for my belly. I had great success with MFP but then had some incidents (family deaths) that should have inspired me to health, but I'm afraid I turned to sugar and carbs instead. I never participated in the community aspect though, and am hoping to make connections to keep me accountable. How do I add friends?
  • redweston7
    redweston7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    63 here always trying to stay lean but fall off the wagon on the weekends. I love this site it's helps me keep on track and it's easy to use B)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    63, I lost 70+ pounds ten years ago using this site, and I've kept it off by maintaining a healthy(ish) diet and keeping track of my weight and my food intake. A little exercise is good for the soul, too. :)