Do you not keep certain foods around?

Options

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    amietest wrote: »
    Homemade bread.

Oh yeah. Loaf of bread, whatever. But if it's baked that day, at home, it's eaten that day.
  • Julani34
    Julani34 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. White bread. Crisps. Nuts. Any carbonated drink
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am very careful with ice cream, other desserts, cookies, cake, chocolate, other candy, sweet cereal, chocolate milk powder, instant tea powder, nutella and similar, chips, other salty snacks. I just avoid buying them. I don't care about soda and alcohol, and things like hamburgers, pizza and hot dogs are "just food" to me, not "trigger food". Dates and certain other dried fruit, peanuts, honey, tahini and peanut butter form their own special category because they are real foods that are just too easy to overeat.

When I'm out and social (which isn't often), I eat anything I want that is offered. Recently I've started to buy single servings of chocolate to eat at home, alone, but just one per week, and I plan on doing the same with all the foods on the list that can be portioned safely. I will be following this pattern for the foreseeable future.

I'm a moderator, I will eat anything I want, but not all the time, and not everything at once. I don't feel restricted. (I resent feeling the need to explain myself, but - oh well.) Food should taste good, but not too good. This strategy reduces stress. So much easier to say no just once, in the grocery store.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Bread & cheese!
    That is my treat / cheat meal...a freshly baked baguette with a good chunk of blue or goats cheese...droooooool :smile:
  • Christismylife
    Christismylife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the responses! Sweets are one of my top ways to go overboard too. Ice cream, cake, donuts...
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Goldfish crackers, cheese puffs are hard to have around and moderate.

My not buying these things is also driven by wanting to spend my money on food with more nutrients per calorie.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are my downfall. My husband hides a bag in the garage.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Anything home baked like bread, cookies, cakes, cupcakes.... I love to bake but I don't do it.
  • jeanstudies
    jeanstudies Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Pasta and ramen noodles, and peanut butter. The last two especially, since it takes so little time from preparation to cheating with them on my diet.
  • emcclure013
    emcclure013 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Those dark chocolate covered pretzel crisps. They're my Kryptonite. Last time they were in my house, a Costco-sized bag disappeared in two days. I'm not allowing myself to buy them anymore... :)
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered pretzel chips
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Salty snacks - chips, tortilla chips, crackers. They aren't around unless we're having people over who will wipe out a bag. I can't moderate them.
    Also, loaves of "good" bakery bread. I can, and will, eat an entire baguette in a day.
  • Amry1213
    Amry1213 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Pizza in any form, icecream, chips, candy...junk food in general haha! I have a hard time controlling myself! :/
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Cookie butter.........it's diabolical
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Icecream- Icecream bars and cones like drumsticks are my downfall but even a tub of icecream- I eat vegan but 100% of the time if icecreams there im eating it until im sick and its gone.

Cookies, Cakes- Basically baked goods in general. Can have a bite and be like this isnt even THAT good- Wont matter its still a baked good ill eat it until its gone uncontrollably lol.

And stuff like pizza- I used to buy huge pizza sales and freeze them- I would always think well i could freeze in 2 slice portions and just bring out and dethaw when having a busy day. Youd think itd work but nope. Id eat nothing but pizza until it was all gone.

Im not really good at moderation thats why i like how i eat now lol, Dont really need to moderate
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I can have any of it in my house as long as I don't open it :). I have kids and a spouse who all like snacks and have no weight to lose so I don't want to restrict them. I find that I am fine as long as I don't start eating them. Container of red vines sitting in the pantry and I haven't touched them in weeks (not because I don't eat sweets but because I'd rather spend my left over calories on chocolate!). If I start eating them though all bets will be off!
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Brownies.cake. candy bars. Oreos. Chocolate cookies. Basically anything chocolate. I have no will power to not eat all of it.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Those dark chocolate covered pretzel crisps. They're my Kryptonite. Last time they were in my house, a Costco-sized bag disappeared in two days. I'm not allowing myself to buy them anymore... :)

Ooh! That reminded me of another one. Haribo peaches. I'm usually more of a chocolate/frosting/cookie person and can leave non-chocolate candy alone really well (matcha milk hard candy in my desk is 17 cal/piece but I'll have like two per week). Not the case with Haribo peaches. Last time I bought some, I ate the whole bag on my drive home - which was maybe six miles!

• sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i'm fine with candy as long as there's no milk nearby.... I just can't have it by itself. yuck
    pasta... i cannot control myself