Will major weight loss change the shape of your ears/will it affect the placement of ear piercings?

Options
2»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I can't believe there are 14 responses to "fat ears"!

I think its a fully legitimate question. Alot of places hold fat you dont realize, As i said my feet looked like bones and yet i lost 2 sizes in them

That tends to be due to less weight on them reducing the amount of spread. There might be some fat, but it's more a matter of function.

Interesting thought. MY feet got smaller length wise not width so sadly i only fit childrens shoes now, So much for strappy heels LOL best i can do is booties with like 4-5 pairs of socks xD Must find my size somewhere online im just scared of online shopping :p never seem to get what you hoped

Anyway yeah even if your ears did change the piercing would change with it. Itd be a very minimal and gradual change and wouldnt really effect much. I was more worried about my eyebrow/lip rings. And belly ring especially. Ended up having to take them out for work but ears never occured to me, I just dont equate fat loss to ears i guess.

If you watch your foot as you step down it spreads front to back as well as side to side.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 lbs down and I'm down a notch on my fitbit and my strappy shoes fit better, but my ears look the same!

In all fairness would you really notice if your ears looked different though lol. Not many of us spend much time staring at our ears in detail

I look at my ears every morning when I check my earrings against my hair and outfit, but you're right that I probably wouldn't notice if I lost a little weight there. I wonder if the OP thinks her ears currently look chubby? I'm having a hard time imagining a chubby ear, but I suppose it's possible.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    - I was having issue and double posted lol-
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

If you watch your foot as you step down it spreads front to back as well as side to side.[/quote]

yeah iv never watched that. Guess it makes sense i basically lost my entire body if i lost 10 more pounds. Feet having alot less to carry- Maybe ill put a bit more back on just to be able to wear cute shoes >.> -not really but god is it annoying-

Almost 30 lbs down and I'm down a notch on my fitbit and my strappy shoes fit better, but my ears look the same!

In all fairness would you really notice if your ears looked different though lol. Not many of us spend much time staring at our ears in detail

I look at my ears every morning when I check my earrings against my hair and outfit, but you're right that I probably wouldn't notice if I lost a little weight there. I wonder if the OP thinks her ears currently look chubby? I'm having a hard time imagining a chubby ear, but I suppose it's possible.

Chubby ears would be kind of cute if they existed. Ears are slightly cute. Never really considered that LOL
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The ears themselves won't change much, but depending on how much weight you carry in your cheeks, the relative appearance of your ears can change, which will change how you see them and how much you see of them from the front. They can appear larger and more protruded as your face shrinks. That shouldn't affect the placement of your ear piercings much, though.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

yeah iv never watched that. Guess it makes sense i basically lost my entire body if i lost 10 more pounds. Feet having alot less to carry- Maybe ill put a bit more back on just to be able to wear cute shoes >.> -not really but god is it annoying-

I take comfort over cute any day for footwear. Although I seem to have cloven hooves, so my issues are of a different breed. :confounded:

Edit: tried to fix the quotes, got the wrong one, then had to fix. Going to be a rough day.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Chubby ears would be kind of cute if they existed. Ears are slightly cute. Never really considered that LOL

I tried to google "chubby baby ears" and found a lot of arguments about infant ear piercing. Woops!
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I've lost 58, and hardly noticed a change on my navel piercing, let alone my ears...
  • AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My lobes are 1 1/8th inches stretched and I've lost 100+ lbs, my ears are the same as before lol
  • seaglasstreasure
    seaglasstreasure Posts: 40 Member
    Options

My cheeks are fairly round which makes my lobes look a little squished together and I was wondering if as my cheeks slimmed down if my earlobes would appear less squished together. And I was just wondering in general if the placement of the piercings there alwould look different. Basically I was just wondering if as your face slims down it would make my ears or piercings look different - if they would be more visible or if the spacing might change between piercings close together.
  • seaglasstreasure
    seaglasstreasure Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I wasn't worried about if my ears are fat. I was wondering if losing weight in my face would affect my ears and whether this might change the appearance of my ear piercings - as in if the spacing between piercings might look different or if some piercings may be more visible or if my ears may look more prominent in general due to my face slimming down.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I wasn't worried about if my ears are fat. I was wondering if losing weight in my face would affect my ears and whether this might change the appearance of my ear piercings - as in if the spacing between piercings might look different or if some piercings may be more visible or if my ears may look more prominent in general due to my face slimming down.

I think the consensus is "no", though the slimming down of your face may open up the gap between your cheeks and your ears, making them more prominent.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    AMV91 wrote: »
    My lobes are 1 1/8th inches stretched and I've lost 100+ lbs, my ears are the same as before lol

I never thought to measure my ear lobes as one of my measuring sites!