I just pierced my tongue yesterday.

Options
It hurts to eat. I can only seem to swallow cooked pasta whole and struggle drinking shakes.

Fingers crossed this will be a way of definitely controlling what goes into my body as I struggle to eat full stop right now.

Has anyone else had a tongue piercing?

If so... how much weight did you lose after you had it done?

Replies

• donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've heard of drastic measure to lose weight but piercing your tongue is ridiculous!!

I'm just kidding ;) At least I hope you didn't do it just to lose weight..

Good luck
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I had mine pierced when I was 18 (1998). The first few days are going to be hard to eat, very swollen, also you are going to talk really funny for a little while until you get used to it. I took mine out because I had gallbladder surgery and couldn't put it back in right after that. Sometimes I still miss it. Good Luck with it!!
  • Jefster
    Jefster Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Many, many years ago...when I had my tongue pierced, I used t like to eat spaghetti O's. You could get them to sit on the ball in the tongue ring :)

I don't think it will have any effect on eating. The first few weeks you are uber conscience of it and tend to go easy, but after that it's something you adapt too. You learn to chew differently unconsciously to avoid biting the barbell.
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I had mine today eons ago. The first few days are really hard. I stuck with liquids - soup, ice cream, jello. Shakes are hard because you have to suck on a straw. Sucking with a swollen tongue is BAD day. As the swelling goes down, you'll be able to get back to normal eating. Make sure, though, that you keep it really clean. After you eat something, make sure you rinse out with some sort of mouthwash. I think my piercing guy told me to use biotene. It's less harsh than something like listerine. Good luck! And have fun with it, once it heals! :-)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I got mine done when I was 18 and again when I was 19, so I have 2 holes in my tongue right now. You're not really going to lose much weight because it'ss just hard to eat for a couple days. Suck on ice, eat soft foods like mashed potatoes and pudding (the low cal kind, of course). Also make sure to Listerine after anything other than water goes in your mouth.
  • catalame
    catalame Posts: 40
    Options
    Try and eat normally as soon as possible after getting it done or it becomes harder and harder to get back into the game.

I had to eat slowly but was eating normal size meals the day after.
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    I didn't track my weight when I pierced my tongue because that wasn't why I did it. I thought it was cool. I had a difficult time eating and talking for a week but then things went back to normal.