Hello Everyone!

Options
Hi! I'm starting a weight loss journey (again) because I'm in dire need of weight loss. I weigh 400+ at 6'0" and I'm currently disease free. I know the risks of morbid obesity and I'm completely ready to get rid of the fat. I'm also in the process of going plant based (for personal reasons). I'm excited! If anyone has any tips or recipes, PLEASE SHARE THEM! Also, please connect with me if you'd like to chat. Have a great day

Replies

• mjmlly
    mjmlly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hello, I'm in the same boat as you! I'm 40years old have type 1 diabetes am 5ft8in and weigh 379lbs. I have struggled with my weight since the 3rd grade, any help or support would be much appreciated.
  • AlexYachiru
    AlexYachiru Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and glad you are taking the steps to get healthy.
    My tips are - in the beginning don't try to take it all on at once, that can be extremely over whelming. Try to focus on just logging your food, honestly and accurately, read labels, and practicing portion control. Take a 2 weeks and really focus on that, even if you set your settings to maintenance calories, just to get used to logging. Then when you are ready to go into weight loss mode, don't go crazy with weekly loss goal. Try to start at 1/2 lb or 1 lb a week. Focus hitting goal for a few weeks, before adding other on more to your goal. Then maybe look for 2 items you would to focus on that you know will help you meet you daily goal easier .. example - no soda and daily 20 minute walk. Again, take some time focus on it, don't go crazy.

Take measurements, take progress pics the scale doesn't always tell the whole weight loss journey