*~*POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER*~*

Options
What do you do with powdered peanut butter?

I have peanut butter mixed into porridge. Could I put a spoonful of this powder in to get the same effect but for alot less calories?

Replies

• ranmalih
    ranmalih Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yes.
    I use Pb2 (a peanut butter powder) in sweet potato brownies, in smoothies and make peanut butter to go on pancakes, bananas, toast, whatever... try it out a few different ways and see what you like?
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I make a killer Thai peanut sauce with it. Just make sure to compensate with a little more liquid -- in porridge, maybe a tablespoon or two more water or milk.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I get it just for my porridge. Delicious with a bit of jam for PB&J porridge.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I pretty much just use it for a cottage cheese and greek yogurt mix in.
  • ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    I make a killer Thai peanut sauce with it. Just make sure to compensate with a little more liquid -- in porridge, maybe a tablespoon or two more water or milk.

Would you be willing to share your recipe? I love Pad Thai and would like to try your peanut sauce with it using Shirataki noodles.
  • Meghanebk
    Meghanebk Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    The consistency/mouthfeel won't be the same as regular peanut butter but I have used in in oatmeal. Also in smoothies and pasta recipes, basically anything but sandwiches!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My fiance eats PB2 out of a bowl, haha. He loves that stuff. I like to use it in peanut butter banana smoothies/chia pudding.
  • DM_78
    DM_78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just put some PB2 in my oatmeal this morning for the first time and I really liked it. I liked it better than conventional peanut butter.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix it with my protein shakes or use it in my brownie batter. Hubby puts it in his oatmeal and overnight oats.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I also put it in my oatmeal and in shakes. You could try adding water to the powder for a spread. I haven't done so myself.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned PB&J for me.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    It works great mixed in with Greek yogurt or as an addition to overnight oats.

For the yogurt: I add 2 tablespoons to 1/2 cup of Fage nonfat Greek yogurt with 2 squeezes of Splenda Zero and a tiny bit of water. This has 110 calories, 10g carbs, 2g fat, 17g protein. It's like peanut butter mousse, soooo yummy and works great as a dip for apples.
  • JLASilver
    JLASilver Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I add it to my overnight oats and make PBJ oats in the AM with local jams. Not helping my sugar addiction but it makes me immensely happy.
    I also add it to my peanut butter flavored protein powder to make it takes that much more peanut-ey.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't use it but I would to dip apple slices in
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I also put it in my oatmeal and in shakes. You could try adding water to the powder for a spread. I haven't done so myself.

I've found that for making a spread or dip for apples, that either sugar free maple syrup or sugar free apple sauce are tastier and give a better texture than water.

I don't really measure (I weigh), I just wing it to get the texture I want.
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    I use it in anything that I would normally use peanut butter in or on. Tastes the same :smile:
  • wenrob
    wenrob Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Steel Cut Oats, yogurt, protein shake, dip for fruit, "syrup" for pancakes, IN pancakes.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Still have a bag of PB2 somewhere in my cupboard. Should throw it out.

Bought it over a yr ago just to try it. Didn't like it. Prefer real peanut butter which I eat in moderation. So, the cals are not an issue for me.
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate pb2 that I have been using. I put it in my oatmeal.... Tastes like no bake cookies....