wal-mart HRM?

Options
Has anyone bought the $27 HRM at wal-mart and if so is it any good? Never had a HRM before so was just wondering...

Replies

• ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    is there a brand or model on it? Im betting theres some reviews online.
  • Mommyof3loves
    Options
    I would love to know that answer as well :-)
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I bought an HRM from Walmart, about $27, and ended up returning it. IMHO, it is definitely worth investing in a qualiity HRM.
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    I haven't tried the walmart one, but I really wanted to get a decent one too and searched high and low and read a million reviews....Well the Polar FT4 had great reviews and I found it last week on amazon.com for $58 w/ free shipping!!!! You might consider paying double the Walmart price for one that has great reviews!
  • rwd5046
    rwd5046 Posts: 302
    Options
    Look closely but I don't think it's going to give you the readings you want. I looked at the ones Wal-Mart carries in my area and they did not give calories burned which to me is the most important reason I use one so as to get an accurate reading on the number of calories burned during excerise and for the length of time I excerise.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I got mine at Walmart, i got a sportline hrm w. chest strap. The chest strap makes it much more accurate! i love it!
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I also bought one from walmart and, after a week, realized it wasn't even worth what I paid for it. It wasn't the type with the chest strap though and wasn't accurate at all. I then got a polar F7 and have loved it. Well worth the money and a primary exercise tool for me.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I have a friend on here who was just saying she bought one from wal-mart but hers was $30 some dollars-anyhoo-she said she really like it I guess
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the walmart one, but I really wanted to get a decent one too and searched high and low and read a million reviews....Well the Polar FT4 had great reviews and I found it last week on amazon.com for $58 w/ free shipping!!!! You might consider paying double the Walmart price for one that has great reviews!

what she said!! I've got the polar ft4 and love it!
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have the Wal mart one and I say it is worth it. I only needed it for burning calories and it does all that and more. the only thing with it is that you have to measure your heart every time you change pace but that doesn't matter really to me.
  • ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Has anyone bought the $27 HRM at wal-mart and if so is it any good? Never had a HRM before so was just wondering...

Bought one from Wal-mart as well. Took it back. It was saying we were burning a ton more calories than what we should plus it was so hard to use. A good quality HRM is worth the money. Went to a different store and bought the Polar 7. Much, much better and very easy to use.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    This is one of those items that "you get what you pay for". I tested out a Wal-Mart HRM and glad I borrowed my friends and DIDN'T waste my money. I own two Polar HRMS (bluetooth+ and FT7) and they are WELL worth the money invested.
  • MayhemModels
    MayhemModels Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The Walmart one is SportsLine and I returned it after a week, it says one touch to check heart rate but you have to hold it down for about 10 seconds and you have to stop moving to get it to work and in the mean time your heart rate is going down waiting to get a reading. It's junk
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options

That's a great deal and I think you'll like it! It's what I have and I'm pretty happy with it overall :)
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I bought the Sportline watch with the HRM and calorie counter in it. I think it was also around $27 or so. I have had it for around 10 months or so and I love it. You put your age and such in it and it has been great for me. This is how I track my calories burned when walking in the mornings. It says more calories than what MFP says but I believe it probably is more accurate because I had to put my own age and information in it.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I purchase a Walmart $27 HRM and was totally displeased with it. The readings were very inaccurate and I promptly returned it. I am currently saving up to purchase a really good HRM.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I have 2..Polar FT7 that worked perfectly at first then started acting up..GOT to call Customer Service on it but in the meantime I purchsed the $27 one...and I have paired it up with the machines and it just as close...So I am enjoying and I paid $88 for my Polar so hey what does that say..BUT it is good to have especially if you dont have a gym membership and love at home workouts...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Don't get the 27 dollar Walmart HRM.. all your going to be is disappointed because the calorie count is off, and it will crap out on you a lot sooner then you like.

I bought a cheap Timex before I bought my Polar, and there is no comparison.. when it comes to HRM's, the higher end models are way better then the cheap models.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from Amazon and paid $30-35 for it and its a Pulse HRM with chest strap and I love it, It seems to be really accurate
    and had lots of great reviews, thats one reason I bought it. Very easy to use as well.