Beachbody on Demand?

Options
Hey fitness pals, I'm thinking about trying out Beachbody on Demand. Anyone tried it? I'm at the newbie level when it comes to workout videos, so I'd be starting at their P90 level (which is included in their streaming service - I checked), but it seems like a convenient way to have a progressive program.

Thoughts? Feedback?

Additional info: I am/was a runner, but I'm susceptible to over-use injuries like runner's knee and ITB inflammation, so I really need to find something that mixes up workouts, and doesn't do the same thing all the time. It seems like the Beachbody stuff might fit the bill. And yeah, there's a free trial, but I won't be able to try everything out in the trial period, so if anyone here has used it, I'd love some opinions. TIA.

Replies

• canfitguy
    canfitguy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi there @Locolady98 I am a Beachbody on demand member and definitely recommend it. Not sure what the pricing is now but I signed up for it at the start of the year when it was getting rolled out and purchased it for a good price. There is a huge library in there and there is a "wizard" you can use to search and find recommended programs that would suit what you are trying to do (yoga and core vs cardio and strength). In any case I have done a few of the programs on it so far this year (it has been great) and will be starting up a new one up soon (yoga) to compliment the activities I do in summer already.

If you have any other questions feel free to drop me a line - good luck!
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thank you!
  • Locolady98
    Locolady98 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    As info, there is different pricing depending on whether you go through iTunes or the Beachbody website. iTunes has a 7-day trial period, and then $100/year, the website has 30-day trial period, then $150/year. That surprised me, but I'm an Apple gal (Apple Watch, iPad, Apple TV, etc), so that's a no-brainer for me. :smile:
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody on Demand. I don't use it on a regular basis but I used it often when my daughter was under 1 and I wasn't comfortable taking her to the gym and I use it all the time when I travel. The videos are easy and fun, you don't even feel like you're working out.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I haven't done on demand - but have tried several of their programs (P90X, T25) - they aren't bad, but I can never stick with them more than a couple of weeks.

I found fitnessblender online for free and did a better job of sticking with their workouts; there is also Les Mills On Demand (if you want to look at something else similar to Beachbody)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I'm a member and I love it! I regularly use Hammer & Chisel, 22 Minute Hard Corp, T25, P90x, and more! :)
  • cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i'm doing t25 now (week 2) and i love it. what's really great is that you can get a feel for every program since you have unlimited access. this past sunday, i did you v.2 since it was my day "off" but i wanted to stay active. the price i paid a couple of weeks ago was $160 and that included a month's supply of shakeology. i think it's $100 per year if you just do the beachbody on demand.
  • tholden4
    tholden4 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For 100 a year it's a great bang for your buck. I had done insanity in the past as well as body beast. I wanted to try PiYo so I joined for a year two weeks ago. You have access to many programs which is great to mix things up. I'm currently doing the PiYo and Body Beast again. Would recommend it.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Two thumbs up! Have BOD and am in the last two weeks of p90x3. My results have been nothing short of amazing! (well for me anyways) I've lost 30lbs on a 5'2" and I'm lighter, fitter and stronger at 44 than I was at 22
  • krissywcox
    krissywcox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Beachbody on demand! I'm working through all the programs. So far I have completed Slim in 6, classic turbo jam, 21 day fix, and in the middle of Chalene Extreme. I'm obsessed!
  • BlackPearl109
    BlackPearl109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am currently on day 3 of Shift Shop I really like it so far. Try it.