Polar HRM investment

Options
OK, so im going to "bite the bullet"... I was looking at the FT4 but Im not sure which to get... Its alot of money, but I have been wanting one for awhile now..... What say you?

Replies

• Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i have been looking to invest in the exact same HRM so would love to know what people think!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7, you get a lot more for just a little bit more money. I got mine on sale at heartratemonitorsusa.com or something like that. I have also seen them onsale at Amazon. Well worth it! if you are serius about excersize and losing weight a HRM and a food scale are a must!
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and LOVE it!

Ditto...they are on sale at amazon with free shipping...just check different venders.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Got the FT4, great HRM! Not too expensive but does a great job! I am sure the FT7 is amazing too but just couldn't justify the extra money. FT4 does exactly what I need it to do and the layout is easy to use and get along with.

They do an FT4F too for you ladies! :smile:

Ben.
  • seaybl24
    Options
    I've got a polar HRM for my bike, and it's the best. The person that said the HRM and food scale where necessary was spot on.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin Forerunner 305 which measures heart rate, pace, distance, etc. I debated a little over the expense but it has been an extremely worthwhile investment on the fitness front!

:smile:
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MINE...however my hubby just got a garmin that has a GPS and tells him how many miles he has ran...now I am jealous (except his was much more expensive)...so I just keep using my FT4 and the iMapMyRun app on my phone and get the exact same info!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7. I was able to get it for a really reasonable price online, around 80$. Totally worth every penny!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Have the Polar FT4 love it. Got mine on a great deal at Amazon.com cheaper then other sites out there and far cheaper then local places I looked at.
  • coachweaver
    Options
    I am absolutely in love with my FT60S....has completely changed my fitness routine.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I've got the FT7 - love it! around $100 - $110 new at Best Buy... You could probably get it cheaper if you aren't as impatient as me.
  • anastasiaBH
    anastasiaBH Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have an FT-4, love it. I wasn't anywhere close on calorie estimates using MFP, so it's vital, in my opn.
    And you are correct - it's an investment in you!!
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I bought the FT4 female version off Amazon last week. On sale for $58 and free shipping. Its amazing!!
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it's a great hrm. Every workout I have done since I purchased it back in April has been monitored using my FT4 and I wouldn't exercise without it now. 5 stars from me.
  • T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have the FT4 and it's a great hrm. Every workout I have done since I purchased it back in April has been monitored using my FT4 and I wouldn't exercise without it now. 5 stars from me.
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    I just ordered the polar ft7 today on amazon for $75 (it isn't 75 anymore, so let's keep our fingers crossed that I ordered correctly lol). I have lost 55 lbs without one, but now that my weight loss is slowed, I think I need one. Will let you know if I like it.

Just checked again, the ft7 is still $77. It's alot of money but I hope it's worth it!
  • judith3
    judith3 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just got my ft4 and i love it check amazon like everyone says i ended up only paying 17 dollars for mine (granted i had an amazon gift card)
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MINE...however my hubby just got a garmin that has a GPS and tells him how many miles he has ran...now I am jealous (except his was much more expensive)...so I just keep using my FT4 and the iMapMyRun app on my phone and get the exact same info!

I wanted a HRM specifically to see how many calories I burned, and I also need the watch portion for timing my C25K intervals. The FT4 has fit this bill perfectly, and I use runtastic on my cell phone (which I have along anyway to play music) to map my distance/pace/speed/altitude, etc.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's 110% worth the investment. My husband and I both have a Polar FT7 and love them! I've also heard great things about the FT4.