Fitbit Alta HR v Charge 2?

Options
My current Fitbit flex is about to die and it's my birthday soon, so good excuse to treat myself to a new one right!

Looks-wise I definitely fancy the Alta HR the most, but I'm trying to be a little more practical about this than just deciding on looks.
My exercise would be mostly spinning and circuit training, so how would I log this on the Alta HR if there is no button? I know it does the auto track, but I'd imagine that wouldn't work for those type of exercise classes?

Can someone explain, or give me their advice?

Replies

• Ems500c
    Ems500c Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    The only advice I have is I had the Alta HR and ended up giving it to my mom, in my opinion (I know everyone will not agree with me) it's a little hard to use. I feel like I had to tap it sometimes more than once to turn on and didn't seem as useful as the Charge 2 my cousin got. The Charge 2 is easier to use with more options (again in my opinion) Hope this helped even just a little bit!
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It does, thank you!
    Just a bit put off by the size of the Charge!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have charge 2, I don't find it too big. I also bought lots of different bands ( different colors ) from Amazon, so I change it up so it fits my clothes and mood:) so far no complains.
  • RenaPink11
    RenaPink11 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have the charge 2 and really like it. I went with the aqua blue band and don't suggest it b/c it shows the slighest bit of dirt so easy. I'm going to buy a new band though.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I personally have the charge 2 and love it. I personally really wanted the button to have manual control because I like to do different types of exercises, and the different sports modes was an attractive feature to me. In regards to size, it really isn't as big as it may seem. I'm only 5'0, so I have short arms and tiny wrists/hands, but it doesn't look too big on me. Size was something I was conscious about too (almost went with the Blaze), so I understand the concern; you want something you'll be comfortable with every day!
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Options
    Thanks everyone, definitely leaning more towards the Charge now and I like the replacement bands idea. Thanks again :)
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Options
    Yippeee I'm now the proud owner of a Charge 2! It clearly was meant to be as they were €20 cheaper now than when I went initially looking for them on Sunday!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Yippeee I'm now the proud owner of a Charge 2! It clearly was meant to be as they were €20 cheaper now than when I went initially looking for them on Sunday!

Awesome :smiley: congrats

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I have the charge 2 and love love love it!
  • Bealey2011
    Bealey2011 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've just got my charge 2 today eeeeek! Really excited to start using it!