Rewards Program

Options
The company I work for is good about promoting a healthy lifestyle. Earlier this year, they started participating in a program that basically rewards points every time you log your workout. You can log up to three workouts per week for 100 points each ... and when you log three workouts in a week, you get an extra 200 points. So, basically you can earn 500 points/week. Then, on top of that, they will occasionally offer bonus points for things such as logging your BMI, your waist measurement, your blood pressure, and so forth and so on.

But then the cool part is that you trade in your points for merchandise. They've got some *REALLY* nice stuff, such as big screen TV's, computers, digital cameras, etc. etc. Of course, the nicer the merchandise, the more points it takes. As for me, though, I've got my eye on this ...

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-Fitness-Multi-Purpose-Weight-Bench/dp/accessories/B001QUPQDY
pf-8523mb-lg.jpg

I've got 18,000 points and the bench costs 24,123, so I should hopefully be able to order it in about another 2-3 months. :smile: It's just another little incentive on top of getting in better shape and being healthier overall.

Replies

• kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! wish my job did that! congrats! :)
  • jewelryholic
    Options
    Sounds like a great program AND a great company to work for! My company has a wellness program but not to the extent as you've described. Hmmm, maybe I should submit the idea to our medical area. Thanks for the tip and good job on the fitness play and obtaining that sought after bench. =)
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That's really cool! I wish more companies would do that - you could make your HR person your MFP friend, and they could track your info really easily :)
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My company does a great job of promoting wellness, but nothing like those incentives! Good for you for having that extra bonus!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    what an awesome motivation. You can do it!
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    That's awesome! Wish my employer would do something like this. Maybe I'll have to bring it up to our HR people; might save the company a lot of money in insurance premiums.
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    That's really cool! I wish more companies would do that - you could make your HR person your MFP friend, and they could track your info really easily :)

That's a cool idea Rissa!