New from Pakistan

Options
Hi everyone,

I am Fahad from Pakistan having my highest weight ever. I tried to loose weight so many times but every-time I lost against my will. Being a Software Engineer is also one of the cause because I have to sit 10-12 hours a day and doing practically nothing. One of my colleague lost 15 kg in 20 weeks through MFP and he recommended me.

I really hope I can break the ice this time because its a really depressing to find clothes of my size.
I'm looking for friends for motivation and accountability — If you want to be friends, add me!

You can leave random facts about yourself too.

Cheers :)

Replies

• GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck! It has helped many stay accountable.
  • hot_blood10
    hot_blood10 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

Thanks for the much needed luck. I hope I can stick on the target. :)
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

Thanks for the much needed luck. I hope I can stick on the target. :)

Just remember, it isn't about how well you stick with it, but how many times you get up after a fall. Persistence wins regardless of how many restarts it takes!
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Getting started and waiting for results is the hardest part. Stick with it and you will do great.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Fahad! Welcome and glad you are here to make healthy changes. Your previous experiences were life lessons. Make sure your take the lesson from it. Why did you stop, what happened??

I previously lost 50 lbs. and I have attempted to lose the same 20 lbs over the past 3 years. And I know what happened. I'm a stress eater and over the past 4 years I've had a lot of stress in my life. Personal, work and finances. And while I can deal with 1 type of stress... if you add on another I'm a goner. So now here I am almost back to my starting weight in 2008.

But I know now ... I need to be on the look out for my triggers. High Stress times, and I'm not one of those "all in moderation folks" , I have to restrict for the most part. If I have some chips to day... tomorrow I want more chips. If have some chocolate cake today, tomorrow I want chocolate cake, ice cream, and candy bar.

I also have a desk job. and the one thing that helps me get up from desk. Is my FitBit Blaze, there is a setting where you can allow it to remind you to get up ( minimum of 250 per hour) . So every day from 8am-8pm my FitBit buzzes me at ten minutes to the hour and tells me how many steps I need to get to 250 steps. So I get up and walk the office 4 rounds my office and I usually have 250.

• HeatherScottTN
    HeatherScottTN Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You CAN DO THIS! One choice at a time to move you toward your goals!!! Small changes really add up. You did not gain your weight overnight and you will not lose it overnight but you can start moving toward all the HEALTHY CHOICES. You know what to eat, and not eat. What do you want most? Hope is not a strategy. Make a PLAN and work your plan.
  • hot_blood10
    Options
    dani_1977 wrote: »

Fahad! Welcome and glad you are here to make healthy changes. Your previous experiences were life lessons. Make sure your take the lesson from it. Why did you stop, what happened??

I previously lost 50 lbs. and I have attempted to lose the same 20 lbs over the past 3 years. And I know what happened. I'm a stress eater and over the past 4 years I've had a lot of stress in my life. Personal, work and finances. And while I can deal with 1 type of stress... if you add on another I'm a goner. So now here I am almost back to my starting weight in 2008.

But I know now ... I need to be on the look out for my triggers. High Stress times, and I'm not one of those "all in moderation folks" , I have to restrict for the most part. If I have some chips to day... tomorrow I want more chips. If have some chocolate cake today, tomorrow I want chocolate cake, ice cream, and candy bar.

I also have a desk job. and the one thing that helps me get up from desk. Is my FitBit Blaze, there is a setting where you can allow it to remind you to get up ( minimum of 250 per hour) . So every day from 8am-8pm my FitBit buzzes me at ten minutes to the hour and tells me how many steps I need to get to 250 steps. So I get up and walk the office 4 rounds my office and I usually have 250.

@dani_1977, thank you so much for the encouragement. Honestly your comment just gave me a bunch full of ideas. counting today is the third day streak, I've cut down my sugar intake, soft drinks, replaced my beloved cappuccino with black coffee. These small changes can lead to a good outcome I believe. And thank you for sharing the idea about FitBit. I'll surely order one for myself too.
    Thank You
  • hot_blood10
    Options
    You CAN DO THIS! One choice at a time to move you toward your goals!!! Small changes really add up. You did not gain your weight overnight and you will not lose it overnight but you can start moving toward all the HEALTHY CHOICES. You know what to eat, and not eat. What do you want most? Hope is not a strategy. Make a PLAN and work your plan.

Thank you heather, :)
  • R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place!! Make friends and read the community posts, the success stories and introduce yourself really helped me stay motivated through the first few weeks.