How much

Options
How much damage can I do to my weight loss while spending 4 days in las vegas

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's impossible for us to tell -- we don't know how much you'll be eating, drinking, and moving while you're in Las Vegas. But it's just four days -- even if you go completely off the rails, most of what you gain will probably be temporary water weight.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Depends. Are you eating at the buffet for every meal - drinking non-stop and barely moving from your chair? Or are you eating reasonable meals with an occasional splurge, having a few lower-cal drinks and doing a ton of walking?
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    As long as you get back to your normal routine when you get back, you will be fine. Try not to binge but enjoy yourself. Last year i went away for a week and for most of my meals i just ordered what I wanted and drank what I wanted. As soon as I got home I went back into my routine and within 3-4 days I was the same weight as i was before i left. Vegas has some of the best restaurants in the country, you should enjoy yourself.
  • MeemawCanDoIt
    MeemawCanDoIt Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'd gain a pound a day. Three meals, drinks, and snacks would probably add an extra 3,500 calories a day, I'm sure. So four days would take me two or three weeks to undo. I'm not saying it isn't worth it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »
    How much damage can I do to my weight loss while spending 4 days in las vegas

Theres only 1 way to find out....!!!!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    A lot, if you really try!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Exactly 1/2 as much as to your billfold?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I only gained 1lb in a week in Vegas... I was so disappointed in myself :laugh:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    I've been to Vegas many times and never gained weight there - lots of walking involved if you do it right.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    None. What happens there, stays there.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    cnjg420 wrote: »

I only gained 1lb in a week in Vegas... I was so disappointed in myself :laugh:
    I've been to Vegas many times and never gained weight there - lots of walking involved if you do it right.

Lol well so far I went over my calories by 35 the first day and 60 so far today and I'm only drinking water I've worked so hard to lose that 50 pounds don't want even 1 of those back

Only water? How is this even possible.... I would be bathing in IPA.

But good for you! Going over so little won't have any impact for 4 days.