*~*POWDERED PEANUT BUTTER*~*

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I put 30 g of powdered peanut in my smoothie, for protein. I put 12 g of powdered peanut in my yogurt, for protein. The peanut flavor helps, too. I read of adding peanut powder to a chocolate protein shake, and am intrigued enough to consider doing it. I like whole peanuts, too.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I've also sprinkled it over toast with banana when I don't have the cals for "real" peanut butter.
  • acebanditcat
    acebanditcat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So those of you that put it in their porridge do you mix it with water first or just sprinkle it on and stir it though?
    and
    For the overnight oats again do you just sprinkle it on as you layer yoghurts and fruit and oatmeal
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    @acebanditcat when I use it with my overnight oats recipe I just add it to the mix and shake it with everything else (sounds like we make our overnight oats differently).
  • remmus102
    remmus102 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PB2 is bomb in oatmeal, on English muffins, in microwave mug cakes, on a PB and j sandwich, on salads (really watered down) and also is great just on a spoon
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I just sprinkle the PB2 on the oatmeal just as if it were Nestle Quik powder (hubby's flavouring of choice).
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 in my protein shakes/smoothies. Haven't tried it in other ways but maybe I should!
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    i just mixed a teaspoon of chocolate PB2 with a half cup of cottage cheese, and it was amazing.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm obviously missing something or am looking at the wrong database entries... But there's only a 50 calorie difference between 20g of regular peanut butter and 20g of pb2. A 500g jar of peanut butter is $5, a 453g jar of pb2 at the store here is $20, all this for a measly 50 calories. What am i missing here?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm obviously missing something or am looking at the wrong database entries... But there's only a 50 calorie difference between 20g of regular peanut butter and 20g of pb2. A 500g jar of peanut butter is $5, a 453g jar of pb2 at the store here is $20, all this for a measly 50 calories. What am i missing here?

The comparative serving size will be quite different between the two.

20 grams of peanut butter is about 1 1/2 tablespoons.

20 grams of PB2 (reconstituted) is more than 3 tablespoons.
  • Christine_72
    Options

20 grams of PB2 is more than 3 tablespoons.

I thought it'd be something like that. So more flavour/quantity bang for your buck.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I thought it'd be something like that. So more flavour/quantity bang for your buck.

And volume! If you're into making a lot of something to top your apples with like I am, PB2 is going to give you more peanut butter to cover your apples with for the calories.
  • DetectiveCookieMonster
    Options
    I literally eat the powder by the spoon full with a glass of almond milk ... hahaha. Oops
  • VintageFeline
    Options

I use two tablespoons (13g) in my porridge for 45 cals. I would probably use 20g of PB if using the full fat version for 124 cals. So a big saving for me. It lasts me long enough for it to be a reasonable splurge.

And I weigh my oats into a bowl, add PB2, mix it up, add milk and whack in the micro without stirring the wet mix.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I use two tablespoons (13g) in my porridge for 45 cals. I would probably use 20g of PB if using the full fat version for 124 cals. So a big saving for me. It lasts me long enough for it to be a reasonable splurge.

And I weigh my oats into a bowl, add PB2, mix it up, add milk and whack in the micro without stirring the wet mix.

And volume! If you're into making a lot of something to top your apples with like I am, PB2 is going to give you more peanut butter to cover your apples with for the calories.

That does it, I'm going to buy a jar today! It's been ages since I've had it, and can't remember the taste and volume it added compared to regular Peanut butter.
    I add 20g of peanut butter in my smoothies everyday, and it it is a micro amount and i can barely detect the taste, which is a slight waste of 120ish calories.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

That does it, I'm going to buy a jar today! It's been ages since I've had it, and can't remember the taste and volume it added compared to regular Peanut butter.
    I add 20g of peanut butter in my smoothies everyday, and it it is a micro amount and i can barely detect the taste, which is a slight waste of 120ish calories.

Yeah the powder is really good for something you want to add that peanutty taste to but won't need much of the creamy texture. A lot more bang for the buck :) Smoothies, oatmeal, yogurt, even works for Asian style peanut sauce. Then I save the real deal for stuff you really need that dense creaminess for.
  • jdlobb
    Options
    I'm a recent PB2 convert, and I was instantly hooked. I prefer the chocolate one.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I add a tbs of salted caramel quest to mine to top fruit, like sliced apples, with a sprinkle of granola.
  • jdlobb
    Options
    Anybody sprinkled it dry on chicken before cooking?
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    I'm a recent PB2 convert, and I was instantly hooked. I prefer the chocolate one.

I totally could not tell that there was chocolate in the chocolate one but that might be more about my application of (in porridge).