TurboFire

Options
I have about a week left of Insanity and am trying to figure out what I want to do next. I will likely give myself about a month off from a routine schedule so that I can just enjoy doing a variety of things for awhile (i.e. yoga classes, running, rollerblading etc..) but I know that after 30 days or so I get tired of having to decide what sort of exercise I want to do for the day.

What are your thoughts on TurboFire? Is Chalene difficult to follow? I have been watching a few of the infomercials and it sort of seems like her moves are very fast and complicated compared to those of Insanity. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Like any new workout it takes time to get into the moves but like anything the more you do it the better you are. I personally love Turbo Fire and recommend it highly, helped me lose 90 lbs to date. It's fun and energetic, Chalene in my opinion is the best! The HIIT workouts just melt that fat off, which is the best part! I found these DVD's fantastic and never got bored in comparrison to other workout DVD's I have tried in the past.
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I Love TurboFire. I've never done any of those home workout DVD things and I'm not a complete stranger to the gym but I hadn't been consistent. So, when my boyfriend and I saw the infomercial, he thought it'd be great for me to do it. And boy, was he right. I wasn't as in great of shape as I thought but this workout whipped my butt into shape. I love it. And it doesn't get boring. I'm currently in week 8 and am looking forward to the rest of the 20 week program (the last 8 weeks being more advanced). Hope you get it and enjoy it!
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I have Turbo Fire. I think some of the moves are hard to follow but i like most of the workouts and Chalene. If you want a feel for what Turbo Fire is like without shelling out all that money, there is a $20 DVD, Turbo Fire Greatest HIITs.

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/extreme/turbofire-greatest-hiits.do?from=Search
  • hoyagirl03
    hoyagirl03 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    And totally realized I didn't really answer the question -- it can be a little tough at first, but the good thing is that there are sessions with each class called "New to Class" where she goes through the moves step-by-step and it's really good. I, myself, just jumped right in and just went along with it and it was a little annoying but whenever there are moves I can't keep up with, I just jump up and down until the next set. You'll eventually catch up the more you do it. And it's never bad to revisit the "new to Class" stuff. So, if you're confident in your dance/coordination/ability to catch on, you shouldn't have a problem one way or the other. Enjoy!
  • BADAS5
    BADAS5 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your honest feedback!
  • happymom42
    Options
    I have signed up at our locate health club for a personal trainer and loving it. It sure makes me work extra hard. Good luck and just don't get out of the habbit of exceriseing. :wink: