Do you not keep certain foods around?

Options

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't buy or make Pillsbury chocolate chip cookies or whipped cream unless I am bulking. Most other stuff goes in the freezer and I take it out when I have "room" for it.
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Beer.

If it is in the fridge, I'm going to grab one after work.

If it isn't in the fridge, I don't miss it. If I want to treat myself and I've planned for it, I'll just buy a few at a time and enjoy them.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Soda. We haven't kept pop in the house since 2010. Also I feel like now that I am working out more and staying busy I don't have as much time to snack. We have a half of a cake that needs tossed now. We never got around to eating it.
  • michaelwhite13
    michaelwhite13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Alcohol. Ok not a food, but often leads to nibbles!!!
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My list of trigger foods is probably way to long, I keep discovering more as I go along in this journey. But yes there are several foods that I do not keep in the house. I do believe there are 2 types of people in the world. The " everything in moderation" people and The "Moderation my *kitten*" People and I'm the second type. I like to think I have the control ..........but I don't. I can kinda control myself initially. Like I can have just eat 1 donut the first day. But the second day I have to have all the sugar in the house. Then I feel like crap, so the 3rd day its even worse. Then before I can even blink, I've gained 5 lbs in 30 days because of my choices.
  • Amyfinch0
    Amyfinch0 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a binger with no self control, so I can't keep certain foods around as I can't just have a portion - I have the whole packet. I live with my parents, so I've had to ask them to hide all of their sweets and chocolates, otherwise I will eat them.

I don't like being this way, or living this way. But there was a reason I reached 300+ lbs...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Nothing's banned from the house.
    But things that belong to the kids are kept in their cupboard. If it's left out i bin it. They quickly learnt to put it back as soon as they are done.

That's awesome. I love it!

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It's different things at different times for me. Fresh homemade bread is a problem but only the first day. I can have bags of treats (still sealed) but I have a hard time controlling portions once a bag of chips is opened. And if there is homemade baked goods, I have to portion them and freeze in portions or I sometimes will eat them without thinking. It's all about portion control for me.
  • sendtoharvey
    sendtoharvey Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    absolutely. no chips at all (love bbq kettle cooked). no soda ( mountain dew) .
    honestly don't have the control to not eat it if it's available. I stopped by Walmart on the way home from the gym and just walked down the chip aisle. sad...
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I have a junk cabinet for my family. Just because I'm dieting doesn't mean they have too, I keep whatever they want in the house but I just stay clear of the cabinet with some willpower. I don't eat any junk food whatsoever. I won't eat in moderation because I feel like id abuse that power. I would eat more and more junk food everyday and less healthy stuff like vegetables and yogurt and all that good stuff.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily, but chips and salsa are my downfall. And would probably be just as bad if I kept them at home. I was excited when I finally got nutrition information for Chuys, but they're infamous for seeing low baskets of chips and filling them right on back up. The chips are SO good...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily, but chips and salsa are my downfall. And would probably be just as bad if I kept them at home. I was excited when I finally got nutrition information for Chuys, but they're infamous for seeing low baskets of chips and filling them right on back up. The chips are SO good...

It is funny how different people are when it comes to cravings, snacks, etc! I could never eat another chip and be 100% fine with it. When I go out for Mexican food (which is often), I NEVER eat the chips ever. But if you put a plate of cookies in front of me and a mug of tea or milk, I could eat 2,000 calories without a blink. haha

• rlr5072
    rlr5072 Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Chips and ice cream! I could (and have) eaten a whole bag of chips in one sitting, and I find a serving size of ice cream is never enough. I will eat them for special occasions when I'm a little less strict, but won't stock them at home, since I know it's a bad idea and I can't control myself.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nothing much. Fresh baked bread can get crazy with me. My family eats snacks and treats and I am not too interested in them.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    absolutely. no chips at all (love bbq kettle cooked). no soda ( mountain dew) .
    honestly don't have the control to not eat it if it's available. I stopped by Walmart on the way home from the gym and just walked down the chip aisle. sad...

I have done that TWICE this week, but with the chocolate isle.
  • chioreo
    chioreo Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    For a while I would keep chips out of my house. It was too easy to want to snack and then end up eating half the container about an hour before dinner. I recently started buying them again after a year and a half and found I'm a little better at controlling my portions.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options

sdolan91 wrote: »
    i'm fine with candy as long as there's no milk nearby.... I just can't have it by itself. yuck
    pasta... i cannot control myself
    Is candy and milk a common combination? I'm struggling to see how one enhances the other!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Keebler Coconut Dream cookies. I will eat the whole package over the course of a day (found out the hard way). Those are really the only cookies I will do that with. So now if I really want them I buy a package, take my 4 and make my husband hide them until he eats the rest - fortunately he loves them so they are usually gone in a day or two so I can't go looking for them.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Poptarts, apple fritters... Really only two I can think of right now but I'm sure there's more hmmm
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    For sure. French bread, Cheetos, Goldfish crackers, shortbread.