The healthiest "ice cream" you'll ever eat!

Options
Take some bananas and freeze them in small chunks.

Put them into a food processor with a TINY bit of milk (any kind, soy, almond, coconut, whatever you like) and some vanilla extract (to taste).

Process.

Voila! Banana ice cream

You can also do this with any frozen fruit, although bananas will give you the most ice cream like consistancy. One large banana will give you about half a cup, if not a little more.

Replies

• froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea.
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    NUMMY!!!
  • cillytilly
    cillytilly Posts: 243
    Options
    Can you make a larger batch and freeze it? I am just curious because sometimes I don't want to clean my food processor.
  • PinUpMommy
    Options
    Can you make a larger batch and freeze it? I am just curious because sometimes I don't want to clean my food processor.

I'm sure you could! I haven't done it yet, but I don't see why not.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    You can also add a bit of cocoa powder to this for a nice chocolaty treat...I do this all the time!
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    yum, sounds great! Thanks for sharing

Di :smile:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    bump
  • runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    hmm....best a tiny bit of nutella in it would be fabulous also!!
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    I actually follow this for a frozen yogurt type deal. I always take over-ripe bananas that are about to be too ripe to eat, cut them into slices, freeze them. I then toss them with a lil bit of plain yogurt and some type of berry/fruit, and process. It's REALLY good and is pretty low calorie. Watch out for the sugar, though =]
  • hotpurpletx
    Options
    I am doing this!!! Thanks!
  • Emmadennewitz
    Emmadennewitz Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I just made this for the first time tonight with coconut milk. Yummy!!
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just made this last week, but I added a little bit of peanut butter. It was really yummy! The Banana's really provide that "ice cream" texture.
  • katie_on_a_mission
    Options
    bump
  • RachelLovitt
    RachelLovitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I always throw half of a frozen banana into my protein shake. Makes it like a milk shake! And my freezer has a shelf of frozen bananas and fruit just for my shakes!