I don't know what the heck is going on with my body

Options
Okay y'all probably can't help but I'm just very confused and frustrated I think anything will help. So last Friday or so I weighed myself and I was at 233. Sunday I weighed myself again and I was at 236 which I was expecting to go up....Saturday I ate a lot more junk food then I should have but I also walked a good 14000 steps. Monday I weighted myself again and I was at 238. I'm not sure why. I didn't eat unhealthy Sunday and all I did that day was clean so I got another good 11000 steps or so. And today (Wednesday) I weighed in at 232.8. This makes no sense to me. I didn't eat anything different then my normal day food and I didn't work out. I do walk to school and home everyday but that shouldn't make too much of a difference. How can I possibly drop 5 lbs over night???? Should this be something I get checked out?

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Weight is not just fat. It's not just fat and muscle. It's everything in your body at the time you weigh - fat, muscle, bone, waste, undigested food, water, organs, blood, tendons, etc.

Some of these things like food, waste and water are very variable. You could weigh yourself 5 times in one day and you'd likely weigh differently on at least a few.
  • lizzerd2895
    lizzerd2895 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nope definitely didn't eat that much, I believe I was still within my calorie count. I'll check out that app thank you.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Everyone's weight does that all the time. This is normal.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Perfectly normal. Get a trending app to track your weight if you are weighing daily.

I'm using Libra (Android) and trendweight.com because I'm that weird kind of person.
  • susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You also expect everything you ate on Saturday to have cleared your system by Monday. That is not the case.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Normal daily fluctuations. If it bothers you, just weigh less often.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Precisely why I do not weigh myself daily.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    Everyone's weight does that all the time. This is normal.

And even people whose weight is usually predictable have the occasional water-based roller coaster. When I do get fluctuations, they often look similar to what you describe, @lizzerd2895. It often takes me a couple/three days to drop water weight. This week has been a good example:

Sunday: 180.6 lbs at morning weigh-in. I ate at roughly a 1100 kcal deficit that day, but more than half of my calories came from two giant slices of pizza, leading to...
    Monday: 181.6 lbs = lost 0.3 lbs fat, gained 1.3 lbs water. Ate at 1000 kcal deficit.
    Tuesday: 180.8 lbs = lost 0.3 lbs fat and 0.5 lbs water. Ate at 1000 kcal deficit.
    Today: 179.5 lbs = lost 0.3 lbs fat and 1 lb water. At this point I've lost the extra water weight from that pizza, but am still dropping a bit more than expected due to an unusually sedentary week last week.

The key is patience and tracking.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and use a weight trend app. Happy Scale for IPhone, Libra for Android.

These sound like normal fluctuations.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Quit weighing yourself so often. Try a once a week WI and then track month to month trend chart.
    There are so Many variables in Day to day weight you will go crazy comparing scale numbers.

I officially WI same day/time once a week at WW meetings. I may get on the gym scale in locker room during week but just as a reminder of where I am and where I want to be.

SW 376.2 (2013 age 65)
    Recent CWs
    9/7 200.2
    9/15 204.8 (no binge/cheating)
    9/19 201 (Dr Appt)
    9/20 ?????

I KNOW I will get below 200, just not sure when.

Don't get so frustrated that you quit. Take the LONG range view and keep truckin'