Question

Is it normal to have Diarrhea after a cheat meal?

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Depends what you ate and what you consider a cheat meal.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,730 Member
    If you ate more fat than you are used to eating, then yes. Sugar can also upset your system if you haven't been eating it much.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited September 2017
    Need more info.

For a start, how often has this happened?
  • lailaJH
    lailaJH Posts: 4 Member
    More than 2 times
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Sounds like motivation to stay within your calories.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,169 Member
    If that's the price of a cheat meal, I would stop doing that.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 142 Member
    Yes I had it after pizza. All the grease, dairy and bread took its toll. Not worth it!
  • CindyWard2
    CindyWard2 Posts: 88 Member
    Happens to me when I eat too much fat/grease after eating lighter for a while...pizza does it every time!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes I had it after pizza. All the grease, dairy and bread took its toll. Not worth it!

It's definitely not what I would consider normal, I eat pizza fairly regularly within my calorie allowance and have never had an adverse reaction. Could be a food intolerance or allergy, I definitely wouldn't be eating the same things again if that's the reaction it caused.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    lailaJH wrote: »
    Is it normal to have Diarrhea after a cheat meal?

No...
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Oh, if I splurge and get a big, greasy burger or a thick crust meat lovers pizza, I will know about it in the end. My system is just not so used to it anymore and the grease does tend to do this.

And I don't eat "clean" to begin with.

If it persists, see a doctor.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member

Hmmm.....I'm niether lactose intolerant or have celiac's disease so pizza is okay by me. Maybe you had a touch of food poisoning or flu. I continue to eat pizza, smaller portions now, with a salad (for filler).

This is what's wrong with the idea of "cheat" meals. Some people get the impression that they are doing something wrong, so (of course) they are punished for it. People who have never had a weight problem will over eat from time to time. But those people will eat less before or after those days to make up for it.

Pizza isn't "bad" food. A hamburger isn't "bad" food. Take a look at the overall picture....not just one food item.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member

It's definitely not what I would consider normal, I eat pizza fairly regularly within my calorie allowance and have never had an adverse reaction. Could be a food intolerance or allergy, I definitely wouldn't be eating the same things again if that's the reaction it caused.

I eat pizza about once a month (so regularly but infrequently) and the only ill-effect is usually a pound of water weight that takes a day or so to drop. Most people should be fine with grease, dairy, and bread even if they don't eat that combo often.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    What did you eat?