Help with Losing Weight

Options
Hi All,
I'm looking to lose at least 4 stone. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and getting depressed and stressed very easy due to this.
Any tips on how to stick to a plan? Any tips on how to enjoy exercise?
My 10 year old loves everything sports related although mainly running. I'd love to have the confidence to go out running/jogging with her but just feel people are constantly looking at you if you are fat and doing this. Maybe I just need a kick up the a**.
Hoping to speak to some people who are in the same boat as me or who just want to help people.
Thanks for taking the time to read the above. If you can help, please let me know. If you can't help and just want to show some support, say "hi".
Amelia

Replies

• Sarahjaynecarteruk
    Options
    Hi hun. Just read ur message. I feel the same way. Maybe we could do blogs on how we're getting on. Give each other some confidence my name is Sarah I've only just came on here. How r u doing
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    noone else cares... honestly... go to the park, run around with your daughter... sounds like great fun and exercise! do you want her to grow up wondering why mummy would never play with her?

if you want to do something more formal, try C25K.

as for losing the weight, set MFP to lose 1-1.5lb per week, and eat what you like in portions that fit into this number. look at MFPs protein goal as a minimum and eat some fruit and veg.
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I'm not over it, either! What I find that helps is running with peers. Do you have a couple girl friends who will run with you?
  • courtneysmummy
    courtneysmummy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will have a look at those ideas.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Hi Amelia, sticking to a plan is easier when you find something you enjoy. If you want to go jogging with your daughter DO IT, you can't focus on what others think.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • attitude90
    attitude90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hiya

Welcome and you have made the first step and you are trying to make a change well done

I was the same I kept starting and stopping diets I have changed how I look at diets and now I just count calories I know everything that is going in which helps me make good decisions

I started at 22 stone 10lbs last Friday I weighed in at 16 stone I have more to go but I will get their add me if you wish
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sticking to a plan - make sure you aren't trying to do too much all at once. It can get overwhelming. Cut back on calories, but keep (mostly) the same foods. Just work on portions. Weight loss is calories in vs. calories out.

Adding exercise - the bulk of weight loss is going to come from eating less so focus on that first. If you want to pursue regular exercise look for something you might enjoy, so you continue doing it even after you are done losing weight. This helps increase the calories out.

YouTube has tons of free workouts to test drive. Start with a small obtainable goal. Make yourself accountable. Example - "I will exercise 60 minutes a week" (2x30, 3x20, 4x15). Then log the workouts on a calendar. After this becomes routine, add on. I like "walking" style workouts on YouTube - Leslie Sansone or Jessica Smith.

Forgiveness - accept that you will screw up (we all do). But don't "start over" instead, continue. It's not about being perfect. If you have more good days than bad, you will make progress.