Plateau

Options
2»

Replies

• thekevinbroach
    thekevinbroach Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're avoiding the question on logging so I'm going to guess that's where the problem lies. Tighten up your logging accuracy. I have never seen a "plateau" that wasn't solved with more accurate logging. Use your food scale for ALL solids. Measuring cups/spoons for ALL liquids. Use the recipe builder. Use accurate entries. Be conservative with exercise calories. Log everything that passes your lips. Etc. Work on the logging accuracy so you truly know you're in a calorie deficit and the results will show on the scale.

I log every single calorie that goes in my body... i avoid it because i dont want people telling me im not eating enough or losing too fast... ive struggling with weight since i was 12 and finally busted through and found a way to be successful. I intake about 1000 calories and day and cardio at least 30min a day but usually around 45min to and hour. Simply just want to get out of the 190's because I've lost so quickly I dont like feeling stuck.
  • thekevinbroach
    thekevinbroach Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    It's been mentioned a few times but no answer on it yet. Have you updated your calorie goal in MFP? You should do this for about every 10 lbs of loss. You burn less calories at lower weights than at higher so, as you lose weight while keeping the same calorie goal, your actual deficit gets smaller and smaller, making you lose less and less weight.

no, i have not.. but i will do that now.. thank you!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You're avoiding the question on logging so I'm going to guess that's where the problem lies. Tighten up your logging accuracy. I have never seen a "plateau" that wasn't solved with more accurate logging. Use your food scale for ALL solids. Measuring cups/spoons for ALL liquids. Use the recipe builder. Use accurate entries. Be conservative with exercise calories. Log everything that passes your lips. Etc. Work on the logging accuracy so you truly know you're in a calorie deficit and the results will show on the scale.

I log every single calorie that goes in my body... i avoid it because i dont want people telling me im not eating enough or losing too fast... ive struggling with weight since i was 12 and finally busted through and found a way to be successful. I intake about 1000 calories and day and cardio at least 30min a day but usually around 45min to and hour. Simply just want to get out of the 190's because I've lost so quickly I dont like feeling stuck.

logging the calories is one thing...logging accurately is another.

As for how fast that is up to you..if you want to lose muscle on the way totally your call...and at 1k calories for a man you are...

as for updating calorie goal MFP should automatically do that every 10lbs...you shouldn't have to.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

trust me if you dont weigh food then you can end up eating more than you think. 2 pieces of meat the same size can vary in weight,prepackaged food can be off by up to 20%. also 1000 calories for a man is not enough. its not enough for most women. add on the workouts you are doing and you are stressing your body. recalculate your goals in MFP and eat to that calorie goal and eat back at least half your exercise calories. then see where your weight loss is in a month. you should be losing no more than 2lbs a week if you have over 75 lbs left to lose. if you have less than 25 to lose then about a half pound a week the closer you are to your goal/healthy weight the slower its going to be.

the faster you lose weight and the more you lose in a short time a lot of that is lean mass and its hard to get back. fast is not always better either.But please eat the calories MFP gives you. most toddlers and young kids eat more than 1000 calories a day.you have to fuel your body and your workouts.