Any women who successfully lost weight after a full hysterectomy?

2»

Replies

• andreascarff
    andreascarff Posts: 62 Member
    Following this thread as well as I have surgery on the 26th of this month. I have 100+ pounds to lose and hoping I can with all the awesome advice. I have been trying to lose weight but bleeding so much I always craved sweets.... hope that stops once this is done and over with.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Following as I meet with an obgyn in Nov to discuss hysterectomy. I am hoping to have laparascopic type...but very scared in general of surgeries. Moreso though of being overweight/obese and fear having cardiac issues when in surgery.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    scarffa82 wrote: »
    Following this thread as well as I have surgery on the 26th of this month. I have 100+ pounds to lose and hoping I can with all the awesome advice. I have been trying to lose weight but bleeding so much I always craved sweets.... hope that stops once this is done and over with.

All the best...
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    bbontheb wrote: »
    Following as I meet with an obgyn in Nov to discuss hysterectomy. I am hoping to have laparascopic type...but very scared in general of surgeries. Moreso though of being overweight/obese and fear having cardiac issues when in surgery.

hope all goes well for you too
  • 1975child
    1975child Posts: 4 Member
    I have struggled since mine in 2013, the weight seems harder than ever to loose! I have one ovary left (all by its self) and have clotting factor problems so have been kept off hormones so far, which may be part of the problem. I have gained 10kg since but am off to see a endocrinologist and hopefully will sort out the problems.
    I certainly don't regret having the op, there was no real choice as the bleeding was so bad, and they found cancer in the uterus so pleased that I had is early and didn't end up with chemo etc!
    I hope that it all goes well, there is an element of freedom after, and thats been great!
  • kmshover
    kmshover Posts: 41 Member
    bbontheb wrote: »

Will be a year the end of this month I had mine. 3 months before that I had multiple procedures done at once. I am very obese (21lbs down since July though) and my surgeries were a breeze, recovery was a breeze. Stay positive.
  • bonsmom
    bonsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Had laparoscopic hysterectomy about 7 years ago,one of the best decisions I ever made . Before surgery I looked pregnant, my fibroids were huge. I bled all the time, I had no iron/ferritin left. Pain and pressure in pelvic region all the time. Surgery was easy, went home the next day. Once I went on MFP had no difficulty losing weight, lost 37 lbs. I work out at least 5 days a week, including cardio and weight training. Hope all goes well for those of you having surgery,
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!