Cholesterol

Options
What can I do to lower me triglycerides?

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    I just had the best cholesterol test results in my life after losing 36# dropping my wt from 196 to 160 and reducing my BF% from over 20% down to about 10% over the intervening yr between tests.

So, I think that losing wt and reducing BF is your best bet.

Of course, associated w/this is the assumption that you will also eat well and exercise to increase fitness, burn cals and enhance strength.

Goodd luck if you choose to make the effort.
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have always had high Triglycerides. I went to a nutritionist and have been exercising more. I have cut down a lot on my breads and pasta's as well. Watch what you eat and lose some weight and that should help (unless you are genetically prone to it as I am as well)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Cholesterol is not triglycerides.

If you want to lower your triglycerides, reduce the amount of glycogen you carry around. You do that by adopting a regular practice of engaging in cardio activities. Stay in a calorie deficit. Lose weight. Your triglycerides will go down.
  • rushed2it
    rushed2it Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks... it’s kind of hard for me to grasp how it’s so high. I’ve always thought I had a well balanced diet and at 6’4 220 lbs. I never really thought I was overweight. But, I guess the years add up and you really never notice until your, actually,told your setting yourself help for a heart attack!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Losing weight will help. Some people benefit from eating few carbs.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about developing a plan and identifying your current habits.
  • rushed2it
    rushed2it Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I’m starting pills for high cholesterol, but the last attempt at pills made my bones feel like they were being crushed. So I’m trying this app to keep track of everything in order to speak with the doctor about a healthier lifestyle. Thanks to everyone for the advice.