Protein favorite!

Options
What do you guys eat or take for your protein needs!?

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Eggs, tuna, beef, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, chicken, protein powder and (for the moment) Liquacel, since my doc gave me a 32oz bottle of it.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Chichen per sure
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Chicken, beef, turkey, pork, fish, Greek yogurt, whey, protein enriched weetabix, high protein peanut butter.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Meat, eggs, fish/seafood, yoghurt/dairy, stuff made with protein powder incorporated (like protein pancakes) .

I don't have a favourite.... Depends what I feel like at the time. I can't wait for dinner - there's a piece of eye fillet in the fridge mooing my name! (it'll be cooked rare, served with roast vegies)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Meat, fish, other seafood, eggs, grains, dairy, nuts and seeds, vegetables. My favorite food is variety - after I stopped the nutritionism and food fright, I love almost everything.
  • Firefly0606
    Firefly0606 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Chicken is my fave. Yoghurt my second fave. And boosting my protein with whey.
  • BunnyDish
    BunnyDish Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas, Beans, Nuts, Eggs, or Fish :)

I've actually learned that my budget friendly vegetarian bean chili is also high in protein. Kinda awesome because it's SO cheap and easy to make. I use dried red kidney beans and make it in a pressure cooker so that I don't have to soak them overnight then stand there stirring and cooking them for 2 hours... Just throw all ingredients into the pressure cooker for 20 mins and it's done! Lazy, budget friendly and healthy ;)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just try to have a big portion of meat with my meals. Protein powder also. I can't usually get enough protein without it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get away from meat all together. However, it's still the cheapest form of protein with the best calories to protein ratio I know of. I only eat skinless chicken and sometimes fish. Otherwise I try to get as much protein from plant sources. Lentils and split peas are higher in calories for the protein it provides but provide lots of fiber.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian. Primary sources are beans, TVP, eggs (hey, I said vegetarian, not vegan!), cheese, nuts, and protein-enriched pancakes and pasta (these exist).
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Fish, other meat, eggs, dairy, beans and lentils.

I also get a bunch from a variety of other stuff, like nuts and vegetables.
  • wonder_years2010
    wonder_years2010 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Awesome guys :) thanks for answering back! I must say Steak is my favorite. Chicken. Fish and Pork! Chili is full of protein! Super yummy!
  • kristen_rie
    kristen_rie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm taking Optimum Nutrition's whey protein. The double rich chocolate is the best, STAY AWAY FROM THE BIRTHDAY CAKE FLAVOR(horrible horrible horrible). I've adjusted my diet to allow me to mix it with chocolate milk because that's the only way I can drink it. I sip on one from breakfast to lunch and then drink half of one after my workout. I hit my protein goal everyday.