My 180 day Journey - For inspration :)

Options
I have a full, in-depth story of my journey...but wanted to share the highlights of what I was able to accomplish through using MFP for my food/macro tracking. Before I started the fitness journey, I established a foundation of strength spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. I knew I needed that foundation if I wanted this physical component to be a lifelong shift!

I used a couple of other tools (one synced, the other did not), but MFP was an integral part of continual accountability to my food goals.

I researched online and discovered what worked for my genetics. Then I lived and breathed within that threshold for the entire 180 days...no cheat meals...no deviation...just an unwavering commitment to meet my macro goals each day. I began integrating fitness components at specific points and chose to only weigh in every 45 days.

(This was me...last year... just living with a whole lot going on and unable to really muster up a genuine smile)
ujhqwq2p0ayd.jpg

(Shortly before Day 1...reclaiming who I was spiritually, mentally, and emotionally first really helped me on this journey... as you can see, the smile is much more genuine and effortless).
kff96nlo4pj6.jpg

Here are my results from each weigh-in:

FYI, I'm 37 years old and 6ft tall

Day 1 - 280.8 lbs... size 46 pants.
Day 45 - 257 lbs... size 42 pants
Day 90 - 237 lbs... size 38 pants
Day 135 - 215 lbs... size 36 pants
Day 180 - 195.4 lbs...size 32 pants

At Day 90, I started integrating strength training. So, I added muscle during the weight loss...which was beneficial to increasing daily baseline for calorie burn. My goal wasn't to add a lot of muscle, but be fit and healthy...with proportion.

I've read success stories along the way, and loved seeing the transformations. As you can see... my transformation was healthy and significant. I lost 14" at the waist alone, and 85.4 lbs in 180 days. I've reclaimed my fitness and am back in the jeans size I wore in High School.

tl2lxaqd4iv2.jpg

It's been a wonderful journey and I wanted to share with the MFP community!

(I also have a side-by-side video of me rotating at day 1 and day 180. Here are a few screenshots)
4dpc68p6dxp7.jpg
ayufk2wk2dvb.jpg
y4tjhhmax66v.jpg
9j9pijlcffm7.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!