Adding Exerices not on database?

Options
I do many different workouts and have a hard time adding them to my daily exercise. For example I do Zumba, Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred 1, Jillian Michaels Shred It With Weight (kettle bell and cardio workout). I am not sure how to add it correctly so I can get the correct caloric credit. What say you all?

I did add the kettle bell workout for 30 min under strength training and I think it gave me 269 calories.

Thanks and keep up all the great work your life depends on it!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kunfused
    kunfused Posts: 13
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/ this is a zumba calorie calculator
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Most people log it under circuit training, general.
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    It is easiest to add an excercise to the database if you wear a heart rate monitor. Otherwise, if it is not listed you will have to estimate. You can click on add exercise and enter your time and calories. I purchased a heart rate monitor from Amazon a couple months ago, and I have been really happy with it (Polar FT4F - $65.00 + free shipping). I noticed that MFP estimates stored exercises a bit on higher side, and I love having a more accurate count for eating back some of the cals, etc. I hope this helps.
  • marcia0222
    Options
    I'm late but thanks for this!