Options
2»

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hello Toni.

Welcome and best of luck to you!

All I can tell you, as someone who HAS lost over 100 lbs. Not only is it very possible, but it can be done much easier than you think.

I don't like to give false confidence to people or make it seem easy because it's not. However, I do know that starting out slow, slowly making changes in your life and focusing on this being a lifestyle and not a diet will help you.

Just take it a week at a time. You know losing 100 lbs will take longer than a couple of months. Just accept that this SHOULD be a slow and healthy process. But, those small losses will add up MUCH faster than you think they will.

it took me about 16 1/2 months to lose 135 lbs. And in the grand scheme of things, that is really not that much time. And with each passing month and loss of weight, I felt better and better. About half-way through, I stopped snoring and had so many other rewards that had nothing to do with the number on the scale.

The biggest thing that can help you is to try to look at food differently. That is the homework I would give to anyone with a lot of weight to lose. Stop what you're doing. Sit down for a minute and really think about why food is even here. What it's purpose is. Once you've had that light bulb moment, this process becomes almost effortless.

And don't ever let food control you again. It just is not worth it. Yes, it provides temporary pleasure but I can tell you from experience, it has NOTHING on feeling great about yourself, having energy and being able to shop for cute clothes with confidence!

Decide today that YOU will control it. You ARE in control of it.

Take care!! :happy:
    -Tami
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Hey there lady, I looked at your profile pic and let me tell you a secret... YOU ARE ALREADY PRETTY!!!!
    You have beautiful eyes and great lips. So, you don't have to worry about feeling pretty, you are going to be stunning!!!!
    Much luck to you, but more than that I am wishing you much dedication, love for yourself, and confidence that you can do this!!!!!

Lynnie
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Tony! :smile: I wish you the best of luck.... :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jazzycarolanne
    Options
    Hey Toni!

I am so glad that you joined this group. I have been here only a week but am raving about this site to anyone who will listen. You will find all of the tools to be VERY helpful. The support is also wonderful. I have quite a bit of weight to lose like you. I also lost 50 pounds then gained back 20.....it is a process remember. I am back on track and you are too!!!

Welcome!

Carol
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im sure you are already finding it very positive, supportive and rewarding to be here. It just gets better, I can tell you that.:flowerforyou: So many wonderful, positive people, great advice, good tips, etc. MFP will soon become your addicition:wink: I wouldnt want to try to get through any day without being here:heart: Ive lost close to 50 pound since joining in Oct, you can too:flowerforyou: :drinker: Best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • dvoross
    dvoross Posts: 39
    Options
    Wow! Thanks again all! This is going to be a rough ride, but so far everyone has been just wonderful! I hope to be as much of a support as you all are for me! :flowerforyou:
  • markay_
    markay_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi ALL, my name is Markay. I am new to myfitnesspal.com. I have 3 weight loss goals in mind. But overall, I have about 175 pounds to go. I work at a warehouse 4 days a week 10 hours a day. So that has helped me become way more active. I have also managed my diet to 1500 calories a day. I need lots of help on how to motivate myself in the exercise department.
  • dvoross
    dvoross Posts: 39
    Options
    Welcome Markay3! Just started this yesterday and I am already addicted to this site! I have already received so much inspiration here! You can do this! I have every confidence in you! We will make the journey together!

:drinker:
    Toni
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi again everyone who's added to this thread.

I've just joined a new group if any of you are interested. Its a 200+ group and is just what I need at the moment for a litlle extra like-minded support.

It would be great to see some familiar faces there if you fancy popping over and joining in. (Its in the Support and Motivation section)

:love:

Flo
  • markay_
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support. I don't get as much at home, so I am happy to have it here. This week was a bad week for me. I was tempted by having to make dinner for my family, they wanted fried chicken and mashed potatoes. But sadly nobody ate it but my boyfriend and I, so I had to sit there smelling the bomb fried chicken, and dove right in. I am so depressed today. Hopefully this week will be a lot better.
  • pipinana
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support. I don't get as much at home, so I am happy to have it here. This week was a bad week for me. I was tempted by having to make dinner for my family, they wanted fried chicken and mashed potatoes. But sadly nobody ate it but my boyfriend and I, so I had to sit there smelling the bomb fried chicken, and dove right in. I am so depressed today. Hopefully this week will be a lot better.

:flowerforyou: Don't be down on yourself markay! :smile: Since you don't have the support at home, we will deffinitally give it to you here! :heart: REMEMBER, today is a new day. Focus on your goal and you will get there! We all have our screw ups.... I had one this AM (damn donut....:grumble: ), all we can do is stand up and go at it again! I believe in you girl! :heart: :love: :wink: :flowerforyou:

BTW, I don't think I could have resisted the fried chx and taters either! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!!!
  • markay_
    Options
    Pip, thanks for the encouragement! That made me feel a ton better.

Oh I wanted to tell everyone that I am making a video audition for the biggest loser 8. Hopefully I'll be accepted.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard!!:flowerforyou:
  • dvoross
    Options

Oh I wanted to tell everyone that I am making a video audition for the biggest loser 8. Hopefully I'll be accepted.

You go girl! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! I've contemplated doing that for myself too. I know my youngest daughter would help me. Shes a great motivator.
  • pipinana
    Options

REALLY!? Good for you! :smile: Have you been watching this season? I do, it's really motivating for me. I mean, I KNOW I'll never pull off the numbers that they do in a week (not that I'm expecting it). I did pledge to loose 20 pounds for the Feed America program they have going on though.... you should look into it! For every pound you loose, Biggest Looser will donate a pound to the food bank. If we all pledge, imagine how much food we'd be donating to people that really need help!

Speaking of BL, I was SO SAD to see Carla go home last week.... But oh so glad to see Janelle go.... What about you?
  • Fit4Family
    Fit4Family Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    -
  • markay_
    Options
    I know I was so disappointed in Joelle for not trying her best. Carla deserved it. It would have been cool to see her be able to stay, but then it wouldn't be fair.