loosing the baby weight!

Options
Hi All! I am 28 years old, I just had my first child 3 months ago, I am looking to loose my baby weight and get back to my pre-baby body. I have started up walking daily, and I am lucky enough to get to stay home with my son 1 more month before I go back to work. Unfortunatly this leaves me lots of time to eat! I am having trouble with self control and I feel hungry all the time.. Any advice? I dont buy junk food so this isnt an issue, but I will just eat whatever is available..what kind of low cal snacks to indulge in?

Replies

• anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 and I have finally told my self enough is enough.. I have a huge eating problem especially if I am at home.. Just keep up the hard work, keep logging and you can do it!
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Are you breastfeeding? I find that I am more hungry while breastfeeding than when I'm pregnant. And I "hold on" to the pounds while nursing, too.

My advice would be to walk and work out as you can, but don't stress over weight until after you wean (if you're breastfeeding).
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I was the same when I was home w/ my son on maternity ths past winter-this site actually helped w/ logging foods-then I could watch where I was w/ calories and if I was going over or if ok till snack etc. Congrats on walking and getting moving!
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrates on your 1st bubba.
    I had my 4th 6 months ago and find I snack alot to.
    I am finding if I have a drink of water instead of a snack that helps most of the time & I have a water bottle with me at all time & take a sip of water if I feel I am gonna head for the kitchen.

I also have carrot sticks pre cut in snap lock bags that I keep in the fridge & have them with a bit of hummus.
  • sears_cr
    Options
    I have four kids and stay home with them and also work out of my home office. I totally understand the feeling of wanting to be snacking all day long. I can eat a whole bag of chips and a diet coke in one sitting. :) Favorite snack. What i love to do that helps with the indulging is having somethings on hand that you don't have to prepare. So i'll take grapes and freeze them, super yummy if you haven't tried them. And also i love berries. So i'll buy frozen berries from the freezer department at the store and eat that. For salty cravings... a bag of really low butter microwave popcorn. :) Good Luck!
  • gingermelv
    Options
    I have a 2 year old too and I am only now starting to get back into the healthy eating mind set thanks to MFP. Also, when you have a wee one, you are eat because you are tired. don't beat yourself up about it but hopefully this will help you think about whether or not you REALLY need that piece of cake! Good luck x
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome! When logging your calories and any exercise, don't forget to log breastfeeding (if you are nursing) since I beleive you need at least 300 extra calories when nursing and you need to eat back your exercise calories. That should help with the hunger. As for "bored" eating, I try to ask myself, am I really hungry, do I really need this?

Congrats on your little one!
  • Nefertiti31
    Nefertiti31 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats! After two kids and four years, I'm trying to lose my baby weight that's I've been too stubborn to move. Keep moving!