Green shakes. Spinach,kale etc.

Options
Any that taste good? All mine taste horrible.

Replies

• Fit_Happens_2021
    Fit_Happens_2021 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Following, hope to find better recipes as mine taste awful too, I recommend adding coconut oil to your kale, makes it easier to scrape into the bin.
  • msemiliejean
    msemiliejean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    As much as I love kale it definitely is better in a salad. Spinach is a much nicer green to add in a smoothie. I just made one that's pretty good! It's one apple, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1 cup spinach, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup uncooked oats, 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt and then just ice and water to blend.

I like to experiment a bit. I try different varieties with spinach, PB2 for a creamy peanut butter taste, a frozen banana (it being frozen literally makes ALL the difference). I've heard people will do a raw egg to make it frothy but I just can't bring myself to do it!
  • Thestepper
    Thestepper Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually make a smoothie using a frozen banana, a cup of spinich, 1/2 cup of almond milk and splash of vanilla. Tried with kale, but definitely taste better with spinach.
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put a huge handful of spinach in the juicer and then put it in a shot glass and down it.

I mean, if I can down a shot of vodka like that just for the effect, I can do it with spinach. But I rarely ever do that, only really when I have a surplus of spinach that is going bad faster than I can eat it. I don't look at juicing as a replacement for food, just a way to get it in my belly faster. Chewing three cups of spinach takes a long time, and I don't really need the fiber, nor do I always have time to sit around like a cow chewing on spinach.

I tried Kale once, about two years ago when some force of nature or marketing was trying to make Kale happen. It's never going to happen, because that stuff is gross. I can't even juice it.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Dont juice eat real food
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    h9dlb wrote: »
    Dont juice eat real food

Did you not read the paragraph above?

@h9dlb First, I can do whatever I want. Second, I juice the spinach because it's easier and faster than chewing it for hours on end.

I know people love to hate on juicing, but I'm not advocating for someone to only drink their calories or do some crazy juice cleanse. I mostly use the machine for making juice out of things that aren't getting eaten up fast enough.

If OP doesn't want to do a smoothie with little green chunks in it, a juicer just literally makes a small cup of juice to down. I'm sure this would work well with Kale too.

Not everyone has the time to sit around and chew their cud, I mean spinach all day.