Smokers ...

dawn_westbury
dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
Why do you go outside to smoke your cigarettes?

Replies

• dawn_westbury
    Seems like smokers don’t want to smoke inside because they have kids or don’t want their house to smell .. but the neighbors also don’t want their house to smell and have kids! My eyes are burning!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I have neighbors who frequently step outside to smoke. Then that crap wafts into my house. Nasty... :s
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    I hated going outside to smoke. I usually like enjoying a cig while I'm doing what I'm doing and I come back inside and immediately want another one. I smoked one every 30 minutes
  • dawn_westbury
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I have neighbors who frequently step outside to smoke. Then that crap wafts into my house. Nasty... :s

Exactly!! Smoke in your own house!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    smoking gives you cancer. Sex gives you babies.

I think we all agree that sex is better than smoking.

Well...

That's a deep and wet subject
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member

Cause it's the law here. Especially for businesses, hospitals, cars with children etc

Also common courtesy so you aren't forcing your smoke on others in a confined space.

But probably more importantly, it stinks and stays in the room for days.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar wrote: »

Cause it's the law here. Especially for businesses, hospitals, cars with children etc

Also common courtesy so you aren't forcing your smoke on others in a confined space.

It's the law here too almost everywhere. Most places you rent are smoke free too.

Yeah, hotel rooms, pubs, covered areas, anywhere there is an employee seems to be a smoke free zone. Leaving uncovered outside areas for smokers.

Businesses don't want to risk lawsuits for people getting cancer cause they worked with smokers or cleaning bills to de-stinkify the building(it's a word don't look it up)
  • dawn_westbury

When they smoke outside they are forcing their smoke in others’ space though .. I mean more of a residential area.
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member

When they smoke outside they are forcing their smoke in others’ space though .. I mean more of a residential area.

Not only against the law to smoke in any and all buildings, but also against the law to smoke on walk ways or within so many yards of buildings.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Some of my neighbors smoke the wacky tobacky and it's so strong sometimes I worry I'll get high just walking by with my dogs. I don't mind it. Sometimes I enjoy the smell so much I walk the same house six or seven times.

I laughed way hard at this :laugh:
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited September 2017
    I prefer people smoking outside. My project house had heavy smokers living in it for decades before I bought it. I lost quite a few brain cells using oil based primer to seal the tar and stench of smoke and cat. It was necessary to get it to the point I would consider it habitable.
  • Merkavar

Yeah but which is worse, smoking in a confined space where the smoke gets absorbed by everything like curtains and lounges or smoking outside where the smoke can dissipate into the air, blown by the wind, covered by other odours?
  • I don't give a *kitten* what people do outside their house. If it wafts into my yard, & I happen to smell it, I'm not going to *kitten* about it since it would have dissipated enough to not be harmful at that point.
  • NotTheHoneybun
    NotTheHoneybun Posts: 14 Member
    because i actually like my house to smell good lmao.. or i go in my garage if it's too hot or raining, honestly
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Closed for moderation
This discussion has been closed.