'Twas the Night Before Weigh-in...

Forgive me for just venting on this post please, no need to reply. Just expressing my weekly emotional torment that is "the night before." Add to that the fact that my "time of the month" should have been three days ago (no worries about pregnancy, there would have to be a star in the East for that to happen...) and I am just a wreck.
I usually gain before my period and lose a few days into it, but now that it has been so late in coming I can't even imagine what the scale will say tomorrow. I am just praying for the strength to not allow myself to be defined by those three numbers on the digital display.
Blessings to all of you.
Thank you for your inspiration.

Love,
Ing

Replies

• luce_de_luce
    luce_de_luce Posts: 41 Member
    I'd wait until after my period to weigh next. Save myself the mental torment.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    I weigh daily too. I also find it very interesting to see the things that affect my weight. New workout? Up two pounds the next day. Crazy large carb dinner up 2 pounds the next day. I like knowing what is happening with my body so it works well for me.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Is this just a weigh-in at home for yourself? If so, skip it this week. No need to stress yourself out about it.

If it's a group (example: Weight Watchers) weigh-in or with a trainer I'd think you'd have the option to skip if you want to. If not, regardless of what the scale says you are still the same person you are right now. It's just ONE tool to measure health.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'd suggest a trend app of some kind...also, are you trying to maintain some specific weight...weight maintenance is a range, not a specific number...your body weight isn't static.
  • countcurt
    countcurt Posts: 593 Member
    Although I weigh daily (and I don't have a menstrual cycle), even weekly weighers in maintenance adjust to the fluctuations in their weight. Or they go crazy. It's just tougher to figure out if a specific weight reading is an aberration or a trend. If you have to weight 3 or 4 weeks to realize it's a trend, correcting is much more difficult.

When looking at habits of successful maintainers, research indicates the preponderance of people who maintain weight loss weigh daily. This doesn't mean weighing daily causes maintenance or not weighing daily definitely leads to failure.

It's been my experience that more frequent data points help 'de-emotionalize' the weigh-in. The scale is not a judge. It's a data acquisition tool.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Can anyone recommend an Android app similar to Happy Scale?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Libra is an Android app.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Libra is an Android app.

Thank you, kgirl. I will check it out.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    I use Libra as well. I also weigh every morning to keep tabs on things, to understand what causes fluctuations and how my body responds to different situations, foods, etc