Healthy picnicking?!

VikH46
VikH46 Posts: 5
edited September 30 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

I'm currently on summer holidays and all we seem to be doing is arranging picnics or having snacky lunches......I don't entirely know what I could prepare for a healthy picnic that would be quick and simple.

Any suggestions?

Vikki:huh:

Replies

• jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Picnics! Fun!

Meats; make it lean, like chicken or fish
    Sandwiches; use whole wheat bread, try to stay away from condiments. Use lean meat.
    Snacks; veggies and fruits are fantastic, try to stay away from processed snacks (i.e. chips, etc)
    Beverage; WATER! Maybe juice, but no soda, careful with the juice, it has high sugar.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Just another tip for bread: actually look at the bread you are buying. Even most whole wheats are awfully caloric, I'm on some low-cal bread at the moment, 40 per slice. Doesn't fill you up as much, but it's what you put inside the sandwich that counts!

As for what goes in them, as the poster above said, lean meats, but also slices spring onions, salad mixes, chopped celery, cucumber/tomato, you can even have cheese so long as you use a small amount!

As far as cheese goes I've found that ready sliced cheeses (like the stuff from Walmart, you can get pepper jack etc) are good for serving sizes as.. well, you know exactly what you're eating!
  • VikH46
    VikH46 Posts: 5
    Wow! Thank you for your help. A friend on Facebook also suggested low fat humous with carrot sticks and melba toast (not sure what that is but going shopping tomorrow!)

Going on back to back picnics this week, so will hopefully notice a difference in the weight loss at the end of the week if I do it right!
This discussion has been closed.