First weigh in

Options
So first week done... 7lb off :) Easier than I thought, but I know that wont last, as it never does for me lol. But I'm trying!!
Only thing I'm finding is I've been so snappy last couple of days and a wee but emotional... not like me at all?? Hoping that won't last long though.

Fingers crossed for my second week. Got to lose the weight for an op in November... "I Got this"

Replies

• R4U1R0DR1GU3Z
    R4U1R0DR1GU3Z Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Add friends, it makes a world of difference!! :)
  • BunnyDish
    BunnyDish Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great first week!!

The first week usually has a big shift but it can slow down, depending on what your personal weight loss programme is.

I personally tend to find my weight loss slows considerably after the first week unless I introduce exercise. If I add exercise, the losses stay around 3-4 lbs per week. This is my second time around (I lost 33 lbs in 8 weeks a few years ago using MFP) so it's helpful in some ways because I know what to expect my body to do... and I know it won't behave without exercise lol.

• jami3d85
    jami3d85 Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah totally true! I used to be very keen on exercise but havnt been that active for well over a year (just no "get up and go" at all :( But I'm finding it slowly...

It's hard at the moment as Ive had tendonitis in my Foot for last 3 weeks. Although I was 'trying' to play Badminton Monday (sooo painful) haha.
    Things like badminton/Tennis seem to be more appealing at the moment so gonna try and keep to that.

I've got about 3 stone to lose and need to lose as much as possible by November so they can give the go ahead for the operation... fingers crossed xx
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've had a good week. Nice job!
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Just want to say great job and that I can relate to the "snappy" behavior. Whenever I try to eat less, or deny myself treats, it makes me grumpy. I don't have an answer for that, but wanted to tell you I feel you!!!
  • jami3d85
    Options
    Glad it's not just me lol!! I'm letting myself go into town for a couple of hours and have a few Gin & Tonics... pray for me haha x
  • amycprice8272
    amycprice8272 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well done I’m on my first few days put a lot of weight on with my bambino so trying to get the baby weight off (he’s 2 and a half so not sure whether I can still use that as an excuse )
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    @jami3d85 have fun!! Have a drink for me!
  • jami3d85
    Options
    Well done I’m on my first few days put a lot of weight on with my bambino so trying to get the baby weight off (he’s 2 and a half so not sure whether I can still use that as an excuse )

Ummm, I think we can use any excuse we like!! At least we are doing something about it now :))) good luck and it will all be worth it for the little one!! That's why I have to lose the weight.... to have an op and better my chances of falling pregnant. Fingers crossed xx
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You totally got this! Feel free to add me

• amycprice8272
    amycprice8272 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages :) went walking today, my legs ache already but in a good way !!! How’s everybody else’s first week going ? Xxx i
  • BunnyDish
    BunnyDish Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome, walking is a great exercise :)

So far my week is going great but I have a feeling I'm not seeing the full loss I've achieved this week... on account of I'm constipated within an inch of my sanity lol. I think the sudden change in diet and routine has had unforeseen consequences lol. :D
  • SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the messages :) went walking today, my legs ache already but in a good way !!! How’s everybody else’s first week going ? Xxx i

Great. I have been walking for a couple of weeks now. I have mapped out 6 or 7 different routes and know the miles in distance. Now I track my route with time it takes me.