Favorite snacks

Options
I've been stuck in a food slump for weeks now and I need some awesome snack suggestions. I LOVE snacks, so they tend to be more important to me than my meals. I know that sounds terrible, but that's just me. What are your favorite snacks?

Replies

• fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is Granny Smith apple slices dipped in 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter. Yummy good balance of carbs and protein.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I like pringles snack stix
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    yogurt covered raisins, cocoa roasted almonds, 100 snack pack guacamole w/ baby carrots are just a few of my favorites.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    I like welch's 80 calorie fruit snacks. They're tasty & easy on the go.
    I also like the Laughing Cow light swiss cheese spread wedges and club mini-multi-grain crackers to go with it.
  • cinderella29292
    cinderella29292 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    oh i've got tons :P I'm a snacker too lol ho­w about:

air popped popcorn (only 100calorie for about 5 cups!)
    egg­ whites (16calories each!)
    cut up veggies like carrots, bell peppers etc.. dip in hummus
    celery n peanut butter
    sugar free jell-o or popsicle
    sugar free chewing gums
    meringue made wit egg whites n spenlda
    pickles
    jicama fries
    hot chocolate wit skim milk n splenda

some other higher calorie snacks r: nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, frozen grapes/banana n any type of fruits :)
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack right now is what I call mock baked apple. I take a medium size granny smith apple and cut it into tiny pieces, sprinkle 1 T. of rolled oats on top, a couple of squirts of butter spray, shake some cinnamon over it (maybe a tsp. or so) and then 1-2 tsp. of splenda brown sugar blend. Microwave until soft, but not mushy...I like a tiny bit of crunch to it. Takes me awhile to eat, fills me up, and is only 150 calories for the whole thing. :)

I also love the 100 calorie kettle corn microwave popcorn. A lot of time I do plain yogurt mixed with either frozen blueberries or strawberries and 1 T. of flax seed. YUM!
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options

celery n peanut butter
    sugar free chewing gums
    pickles
    jicama fries

some other higher calorie snacks r: nuts, yogurt, cottage cheese, frozen grapes/banana n any type of fruits :)

How do you make your jicama fries??
  • cinderella29292
    cinderella29292 Posts: 33 Member
    Options

celery n peanut butter
    sugar free chewing gums
    pickles
    jicama fries

How do you make your jicama fries??
    i just cut them into fries shape n sprinkle ­wit chilli, a little bit of olive oil, garlic powder n just a teaspoon of lemon juice... its very tasty, a mix of apple n potato :) best for low carb diet
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth! Cocoa Roasted Almonds, yogurt covered raisins, snackwell's dark chocolate something popcorn, but I also love celery with peanut butter, apples with peanut butter, raw carrots, cauliflower, and cheese and crackers. Yogurt covered pretzels are good too.
  • anelahm
    anelahm Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i used to crave tortilla chips and salsa, now i eat celery and salsa instead, it takes care of the craving. if i have more of a sweet tooth, i eat a bowl of cereal, or some yogurt with fresh fruit.
  • lexiluhu
    Options
    emerald coca roasted almonds are great to have on hand. high in protein....a little high on fat but I guess almonds are good fat. very filling : ) I also roll up slices of deli turkey breast (no bread!).
  • writinmama
    Options
    Oh, yum...the apple crisp sounds AMAZING and the jicama fries sound perfect for my salty type cravings...I'm excited!
  • ItsMeTime
    Options
    I also like to roll up turkey breast, but around a dill pickle sear. It gives me salty, savory, and crunch :)
  • Whatareherthings711
    Options
    my favorite snack is popcorn! i love using my air popper, but unfortunately too often i drench my popcorn in butter and excessive amounts of salt.