Running low on my calories need a low calorie recipe

Options
AllieB
AllieB Posts: 73
Hey you all. I had a bigger lunch than expected. Now I am running low on my calories for the rest of the day. I will be getting a few more after I work out, but does anyone have some low calorie ideas for dinner. I am thinking something with chicken.

Replies

• MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Chicken stiry-fry....lots of veggies! I love water chestnuts, which have a yummy texture and are supposed to leave you feeling full. I use a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce, teriyaki on the chicken, and rice wine vinegar. Yum! Can serve with brown rice if you have the cals, but when I don't, no rice needed.
  • ErikaSwenson
    ErikaSwenson Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy an egg-white wrap!
  • asiavenetia
    asiavenetia Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I nice chicken salad with low cal dressing may work!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Depending on how many cals you have left:

1 4oz boneless/skinless chicken breast (about 110 cals)
    1/2 cup brown rice (75 cals)
    1 cup steamed broccoli (about 30 cals)
    2 Tbsp salsa (10 cals )

There ya go dinner! :)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    egg whites and brocoli stir fry =] !
  • SWEET31
    SWEET31 Posts: 40
    Options
    you said yo would like something with chiken you can eat a flat ou bread (100) cal
    chicken
    lettuce
    1 tbs ceaser dressing.... :)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Stir Fry suggestion is pretty much what I was going to say lol. It really is great because it can be soooo incredibly low in calories and taste ridiculously good =]
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Do you need protein? How about a bunch of veggies with splash of olive oil? Squash is great - 2 cups is just 40 calories plain.
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Chicken Fajitas (w/ 2 corn tortillas (lowfat))

1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/4 cup water
    6 oz boneless chicken breast cut into 1/2 inch strips
    1 green pepper - cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
    1 medium onion, thinly sliced
    2 tablespoons fresh lime juice

Directions
    In a ziploc plastic bag, combine the salt, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, water. Add the chicken, bell pepper and onion, seal and knead gently to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.

Heat a large nonstick skillet. Empty the contents of the bag into the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegatables are crisp-tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 6-10 minutes. Remove from heat and enjoy

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 2
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 143.3
    Total Fat: 1.4 g
    Cholesterol: 49.3 mg
    Sodium: 1,223.2 mg
    Total Carbs: 11.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
    Protein: 21.2 g
  • lrpeck
    lrpeck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the LOTS of VEGGIES recommendations. Add super tasty sauce (soy sauce, garlic, siracha) and maybe try some tofu instead of chicken for extra protein. When you're hungry, stuff like LOTS of VEGGIES is great because you can almost not eat enough. The bulk will fill you up, and the flavor will make you happy.:wink:
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    Marinara sauce that you load with veggies (mushrooms, bell peppers, spinach, onions, etc.) instead of serving with pasta. You can throw your chicken in there or eat it on the side!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AllieB
    AllieB Posts: 73
    Options
    Chicken stiry-fry....lots of veggies! I love water chestnuts, which have a yummy texture and are supposed to leave you feeling full. I use a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce, teriyaki on the chicken, and rice wine vinegar. Yum! Can serve with brown rice if you have the cals, but when I don't, no rice needed.

This sounds great!