New mom, need to drop the baby weight, help!

Options
Hello all, I am 25 and have a 4 month old baby and am very ready to drop the weight but I am having trouble work motivation. Looking for inspiration and others to help out in my same situation :)

Replies

• AMV91
    AMV91 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats!

I just had my second baby 6 weeks ago and am getting back on the wagon as well! Motivation is fleeting at best. If you start with small changes and don't try to reduce too many calories too quickly things should go well! I will be reducing calories once cleared on Tuesday and just trying to get back to being active :)
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 # from my heaviest POST baby weight. I've had 3. I actually weighed less at delivery with my third than I did a year after my second. You have to really want it, because it all comes down to portion control and long term moderation, but it is possible.
  • alondrakayy
    alondrakayy Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady. I've learned not to rely on motivation. I need to wake up everyday and want it enough to stick with the plan. Eat at a deficit, find a workout program or hobby you'll enjoy, and track your progress!
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I lost 27 lbs since having my baby year ago, but I started working out when she was 5 months old. I started with t25, she used to wake up for early morning feed around 5 am , so I would feed her put her back into her crib and put on my workout clothes and do my t25. It was hard ,not gonna lie, but I was super committed and motivated. I was done not been able to fit into my pre pregnancy clothes. Somedays I'll put her in her bouncer chair close to me when she wasn't sleeping give her lots of toys and do my workout.
    Just stay committed, but also don't forget that you just had a baby, so you need to sleep and eat well and be rested for your baby.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The words "weight, help" got put on a seperate line on my phone. Im here out of confusion.